Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Good Morning...

So as you have it, I joined a new carpool.  Or rather, I made one with one of my coworkers who lives down the street.  We're both all about getting out of work early and still having something of an evening, but that means we have to get to get in at the crack of dawn...aka 7am. 
Honestly, I'm completely aware of the fact that I'm not "in-tune" with any hour before 10am.  I wouldn't say I'm down right hateful, but I'm not a friendly being.  Matt has been so supportive through this transition.  He now wakes up 15 min earlier just to keep me company and take the brunt of my verbal/non-verbal morning abuse.  (He's such a great husband).  Did I mention I cut back on coffee?  I drink tea now.  I'm convinced all tea manufacturers are lying when they say there is caffeine in their products.  Rude.
But the honest fact of the matter is that I don't like to talk too much in the morning.  I like to get what I need to get done and then by 10:30 we can strike up some conversation...then head to lunch.   So you can imagine my utter annoyance upon arrival at work when I boot up my computer in a grunt and one of my "chipper" coworkers comes down the hall (practically whistling and skipping) and does a "Good Morning Kathy!  How you doin?!"

...oh...if looks could kill.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, I feel you! We have very similar morning demeanors ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me three!!

    My family used to take turns waking me up when I was little- because I would bite. Literally B-I-T-E whoever dared to enter my room and disturb my precious slumber. I'm not proud to say this, but no much has changed in the last 30 years. Poor Hubs.

    What I'm sayin' is, I feel your pain Kath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahaha, this is hilarious! i wish i could tell you i suck in the morning ... but i don't, lol. i would be that "chipper" annoying co-worker. but i know better than to say hi to someone who is grunting. i know better, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!