Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Shady Situation

You may remember the post about our office/sunroom and how we painted it a gorgeous bright yellow and organized the space...If not, check that out here.  When we bought the house, the previous owners left us most of the curtains they had up.  Unfortunately the office didn't come with any.  So at night we always feel so...exposed!  Well I finally found some roman shades for sale at JCPenney!  Actually, it was my mom who insisted I check them out for blinds...they have the best selection though.  In no time I had the windows measured and a style picked out!  Well I went ahead and ordered them online, not even sure of the color..."espresso".  Well they arrived fast! (like in 4 days fast!)  We love the color too!  It's a light brown and really warms up the room without darkening it too much.  Now I don't feel like I'm being watched as I blog my life away.  :)

Before:
Our hibiscus plants come indoors during the winter months.


After: With Savannah II Roman Shade from JCPenney
We got the corner shelf lamps as a wedding gift from Target.  We absolutely love them!  Hm... I hope I can find a way to fit the hibiscus plants too. :)
Oh, wow.  Slightly embarrassed by the pile of textbooks and overall clutter aspect in this shot.  I was just so excited to show you pics of the curtains that I didn't even clean up!...."Mother of shame"

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Ahhhh! <-- couldn't help myself.

    Those look fabulous!! Especially against the yellow walls. You know my dilemma with curtains recently- so I might just have to check this great alternative out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... thanks for the ooh's and ahh's!
    I tried hanging the first one myself but my drill was drained and I ended up making way too many holes (Matt was not to thrilled). Lol... but he threw the rest up within an hour! Super easy! The room feels like it's holding a lot more heat too! (<--yup...our heat is already running this year!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh ahhhh, hahaha.

    i love it! i think the brown and yellow go perfectly together!

    if that is cluttered i can't imagine how it looks clean! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so nice! Do they block a lot of light from the outside?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!