Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fall is in the Air!

Fall (or Autumn...whatever you prefer) is our favorite time of year.  There's something amazing about watching the trees change their colors and the air get crisp while the scents of cinnamon and spice fill the house.  Makes me want to cuddle up on the couch with some hot apple cider and watch Arachnophobia.  haha...random right?  Growing up, my mom and I would watch that movie every year right before Halloween to renew our fear of 8-legged creatures.  Now, October just doesn't seem complete without the classic flick. :)  So imagine my surprise last night while making dinner when I stumble upon Arachnophobia on SyFy!  Yup...it's definitely Fall now.
Arachnophobia Poster


I started decorating too!   We've been so behind with this.  But in our defense, we were busy getting married and moving all my precious belongings into our house. :)   The outside of the house still needs some decor help... but I went ahead and started on the inside.

I brought in the table I finished (finally!).  It still needs two more leaves to be attached on either end...but overall I love how it turned out.  My mom hooked me up with a Cornucopia and I painted some faux pumpkins using directions from The DIY Show Off.  By far one of the easiest of DIY spray projects I've done.  And I'm now convinced my neighbors think I have a spray paint obsession.

"Hello, my name is Kathy and I love to spray paint random objects in my home"  

I'm warning you all now... the formal dining room got a mini photo-shoot yesterday.  I was playing around with the macro setting on my camera...and well, I couldn't stop.



Oh look!  In the background you can see my dried out wedding bouquet!  I didn't realize it would shrivel up and look all ... dry.   I really don't know what to do with it now.  It's not pretty anymore.  Anywho...keep scrollin'.






 I also took my mad skills to the living room and busted out our wedding ceremony decor all other the mantle.    Bonus points for recycling!



Mom hooked me up with this large metal pumpkin... I just love it!  Thanks mom!  the mini ones are the extras from my spray paint project!

If I could upload a scratch and sniff for you to smell the candle scent I have burning right now I would.  But I can't.  We're just not at that level of technology yet.  So just close your eyes and imagine "Spicy Cinnamon and Floral Scent" (aka "Home Sweet Home from Scentsy)  I know... right?  :)

5 comments:

  1. that looks so good! i love your pumpkins! i want a spray can now!!! thanks for all the extra pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love the silver twist on the pumpkin! What a festive Fall home you've created! I want to come over and drink apple cider and watch Fall movies with you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya, I'm new to your blog, saw you at Faith's blog. Glad to meet you and Matt.

    Your Fall decor looks great, love those silver pumpkins. Pretty crafty, I love crafts! Plz visit me too, eveshouse.blogspot.com

    All the best

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!