Thursday, October 7, 2010

Married Life Check Up #3

(Once again I hang my head in shame as I realize I missed Wednesday...again!)

We had our first fight.
It's actually a funny story now that we both look back on it.  See, we went shopping for Halloween decor.  Growing up at my house...we didn't really decorate for Halloween. I mean, the one year we made the giant spider in the yard with black garbage bags full of leaves.  (Still surprised mom was in on that too).  But that's as crazy as it got at my house.  Matt grew up decorating to the extreme.  We're talking full out graveyard setup with the ghoulish of creatures at every corner.  Yeah...so we're different on that.

So going into a Halloween store is like a whole new world for me.  Actually it turned out to be down right overwhelming / overload on my senses.  (The fog machine was seriously on overdrive while every creature moved and roared at me as I walked by...rude.)  I guess looking from the outside I appeared unenthusiastic.  Lol... my poor hubby was not happy with my lack of gusto and therefore called it quits for the day.  We went home in silence with nothing but bad moods.

A few hours later...after some football and a nap...we were all good again.  The weird thing is...we totally forgot the reason for our "tiff"!  haha... but we got through it.  And if that's the big fight disagreement of the week...well i'll be.

So, today I decided to spend this check-up sharing some marriage quotes that we like.  Maybe we'll make some of our own as we spend more time together... :)

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. - The Bible Ecclesiastes 4
--------------------------------------------------------------
What greater thing is there for two human souls, than to feel that they are joined for life - to strengthen each other in all labour, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in all pain, to be one with each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting? - George Eliot
--------------------------------------------------------------
Marrying is easy, it's housework that's hard - Proverb


--------------------------------------------------------------

A good marriage is like a casserole, only those responsible for it really know what goes in it. - Unknown

6 comments:

  1. We didn't do any Halloween decorating or celebrating in our house growing up either. That was the devil's day, kwim, haha. We seriously had the same childhood, lol.

    It is so strange to me to have pumpkins in my house. It was strange for me in the beginning and I will never be that person who decorates like a crazy person for Halloween. The decor really is spooky but I am kinda excited to give the kiddies candy this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it through your first disagreement relatively unscathed :) Perhaps before the two of you return to the Halloween store, you can discuss what you each would like- and come to come kind of compromise? That way you both have solid expectations going in the next time, kwim?

    I love it when you say "rude". Totally makes me bust out laughing every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I give you the inspiration for this blog? I feel so privileged. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha... Hatr you need to start a blog too!! Get on here!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always realize the disagreements are silly when you can't even remember what caused them. Seems you two are doing great, let us know what you decide with Halloween decor....maybe show us some pics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear that the both of you squashed the tiff quickly and easily. Life is too short to stay mad with someone you deeply love.

    Great quotes, the one from George Eliot made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!