Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Married Life Check Up #5

My husband is spontaneous.
I'm...not so much...unless we plan it out.

The one thing that we found out after I moved into our house was that I needed a daily routine to function normally.  Not kidding...those first few weeks I was going a little crazy not being able to "finish" everything.  I was like a fish out of water.  It occurred to me that I was living with someone who had lived alone in our house for an entire year.  He had a routine down already.  While poor me came home from work and just went on a rampage rearranging the kitchen, blogging, cleaning, checking my e-mail, blogging, reorganizing the closet, blogging, and watching my shows.  I went to bed exhausted every night and just unsettled by unfinished  tasks.

"I think pocket calendars make great gifts" 

No joke.  I am that crazy organized person.  I like to have specific tasks that I manage each day.  (You don't want to know how I was when we were planning our wedding...but you can see for yourself on my Project Wedding planning page)
My daily tasks don't have to be mandatory...but I can't be doing laundry every other day.  Nope...not gonna happen. :)  My precious hubby is not a list person, and that's A-OK.  At least he's super supportive of my quirks!  Besides, I already jumped on board with some of his routines. (Cuddle time on the couch while watching the Sunday football game and reading our books together each night).


So what do I need to organize?:

  • Vacuuming
  • Laundry
  • Grocery Shopping
  • Cleaning
  • DIY projects
  • TV (<--no joke)
  • Workouts
  • Activities

So off I go to the store to get a dry erase board for the back door, calendar, post-it notes and magnetic check list...hehe...so excited!

Oh... had to share this picture of the day...
It's my hubby doing what he does best on laundry day...seriously sat there for at least 5 min without knowing I was watching.  I call it "Keepin' a Eye on Things" (...it's his first front-loading washing machine)

3 comments:

  1. hahaha, you are the opposite of me when it comes to organizing things! that is soooo Sean, hahaha.

    what exactly is Matt doing? hahahaha. soooo funny!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are cut from the same cloth. I carry my trusty little note book of "to do lists" around with me everywhere I go. I've even taken it with me when I walk the dog, just so I can jot a few things down. And Post-It Notes... yes, they are the love of my life. But it's true though- I feel so much more "at ease" when I have things organized, charted, and plotted out. So funny that you are the same way.

    I think it's the funniest and sweetest thing that Hubs is still so enthralled with your (fabulous) front-load washer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like yourself, a note person, but my husband takes the cake. He keeps books to organize his notes. hahaa

    and hey, if I had a great looking washing machine like that, I'd stare into it too :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!