Monday, October 11, 2010

Yay for Sundays!

I woke up on Sunday and felt like going all out for breakfast.  We got a Belicia waffle maker as a gift  that I wanted to try out for the first time.  I mixed up some waffle batter and threw in some blueberries (for our daily fruit intake).  :)  They came out delicious!!  We ate them so fast I didn't even get a picture!  It was a trial run though...so next time I'll be more prepared and even get some garnish going with powdered sugar and scattered fresh berries!  haha.

After church, the football game was on...so I lost Matt as my sous chef...lol.
I set to work trying to clear out some food in the fridge. This is what I came up with.

Grilled Cold-Cut Panini
Bread (I used the last few slices of rye that we still had from the week of lunch sandwiches)
Meat (We had some BBQ Chicken cold-cuts from lunch too)
Cheese (I finished up the bags of shredded cheese - cheddar & Mozzarella)
Mayo
Honey Mustard (I finished up the last of our HM salad dressing)
Onion (Thinly sliced)
Tomato (Thinly sliced)
Butter

Butter each slice of bread on one side (like a grilled cheese sandwich).  On the inner side, spread on mayo and honey mustard dressing.  Add cheeses, onions, tomato and meat.  Place whole sandwich on hot skillet or electric griddle.  Cook until bread is browned on both sides.  Slice in half and serve hot!


I cooked up a pack of Chicken Ramen noodles as well!  Did you know that each pack has two servings in it?!   I mean, with the sodium intake level I wasn't really surprised...but still.


The drink was a fridge cleaner as well.  We needed more fruit for the day because the waffles in the a.m. just didn't cut it.  I always keep a bag of mixed fruit in our freezer (It contains: strawberries, blueberries, mango, peach, grapes and pineapple).  I normally just throw half a bag in the blender with whatever fruit juice we have laying around...or even lemonade, but we were all out.  So I used 2% milk! (Which had two days left on it!)... I added a little vanilla ice cream for sweetness...and my secret ingredient for the "addiction reaction"...a couple tablespoons of frozen pina colada mix!)  Mix it all up and serve!  Great source of calcium too!



There you have it... a partially empty fridge and healthy full bellies...and it only took 20 min!

6 comments:

  1. I. Am. So. Impressed!!! Check you out little Mrs. Betty Crocker!! All of this stuff you "whipped up" looks to die for!!!! Nice work chica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just an FYI I have created an account. . . .one step closer

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks amazing! look at you! so proud!

    i love our waffle maker ... i need to use it a lot more though!

    can't wait to see all the other things you make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HatR! So glad you joined!
    Thanks for the comments ladies!!
    Hoped you enjoyed your days off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I would love a waffle maker, plz show us next time. Your meal looks delicious. I didn't know the noodles pack had two servings. Go figure. Anyway... I love cooking too, especially baking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!