Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Black Friday Madness!

This was my second year participating in the tradition of Black Friday.  Since we came home late Thanksgiving night, I had my sister stay the night at our house so that we could get an early start!
We left the house at 4:45 and headed to Kmart first.
-----------------------------------------------------


I just needed a couple things there (nothing big...and no, I won't tell you what they were since my family reads this.  hehe)  The lines there were tolerable.  Except the lady in front of us was purchasing a lifetime supply of collared greens and the cashier kept asking her if it was lettuce. lol... I just about died.  I mean it's 5 in the morning and you're buying produce?
We then headed over to Walmart.
------------------------------------------------------


Everyone was saying not to bother... but seriously, I wasn't getting big ticket items.  I actually meant to pick up some shampoo but forgot. So I really wanted this stick vacuum/hand vac ($8) but we couldn't find it anywhere.  Finally I asked an employee and she said they were all sold out.  As we walked away she yelled back that she found one.  It was hidden behind the counter. Yay!   I got some stuff for the niece and nephew... some jeans for me at work... and then we were done there.
Next up was JoAnn Fabrics
-------------------------------------------------------

This is when clever ingenuity kicked in.  They had fleece on sale for $2.99/yd.  That's super cheap... and apparently every woman in the area knew this.  Jenny and I picked out our colors and headed up to the cutting table.  Well they had the numbered ticket system going on and we picked 54 and 55.  They were currently at 26!  Each lady had at least 7 bolts of fabric!   They started announcing if anyone had 3 bolts or less, they had a line of the side cutting for them.  Awesome!  I handed Jenny three bolts and sent her in line.  Then when they finished I went with my three.  We walked away as they were calling number 31!





Lastly we headed over to...
I got a couple more things including my P-touch label maker!!  Yeah, I'm a nerd like that.  I'm going to have Matt wrap it up for me too. lol
We went home and napped for about about 4 hours...watched Harry Potter 6 and headed to the theaters to watch Harry Potter 7! 
That's my sister... being attached my Lord Voldermort..lol.  She cracks me up.

All in all it was a great day!!

4 comments:

  1. hahahaha, you make shopping during Black Friday look like such a blast! i love it!

    what was that woman doing buying produce at 5 in the morning?! i want to know her story, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... I have no idea. It was so random because they bought BF stuff too.. she must have seen it on sale and couldn't wait!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you got some awesome deals. Seriously, the awesome deals make it totally worth it, and hey, it's just one day that you're getting up super-early, right? I still have to share my Black Friday successes... probably tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy,
    I would like to feature you on my blog.
    Please give me a holla at ladies.roomtalk@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!