Monday, November 22, 2010

Fall = Carrot Cake + Cream Cheese Frosting

I couldn't stop the craving anymore!  I had to have carrot cake and an indulgence of cream cheese frosting.  I consider carrot cake to be healthy because it contains a vegetable.  You can say what you want... it won't change this fact in my mind.  Therefore I will continue to make excuses to allow it to be a part of my diet.

I couldn't handle the recipe from scratch, so I got in the car...drove to Walmart and grabbed the boxed version.  Judge me later... this was an emergency fix.

Just add eggs, water & oil... and mix


Pour into newly purchased bundt pan from Bed Bath & Beyond... hehe and Bake for 45-min (longest wait of my life!)

Cooling...

Favorite part... icing time.  Ironically this is the time Matt decided to wander into the kitchen to "help".  His ability to sense a newly opened can of icing or fresh cookie batter baffles me.  (He attempted to "help" by trying to eat all the icing that dripped under the cake!  As if his recently pulled tooth wasn't a reminder enough to cut down on the sweets!)
I only used half the can of icing... I put it in the microwave for a couple seconds to soften it enough to pour.
(The rest of the icing was used the next morning on the cinnamon rolls I made from scratch...see, I made up for this lazy moment)

I couldn't even smile because I was afraid I would salivate on the delicious goodness. 



 Take my word for it... it was super yummy.  Even for a box recipe.

4 comments:

  1. That looks so delicious and I do not even like carrot cake! The thing with box recipes is that you can't go wrong, hehe.

    I love how Matt "helped"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy!!! I gave up on baking cakes years ago but your post gives me some confidence - obviously with the help of a box recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE carrot cake too! As a child I always had it for my birthday cakes and ended up eating the whole cake by myself since other little kids didn't like carrot cake :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! When you need your fix you get anyway you can! Love the photos!!!

    And carrot cake is healthy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!