Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Married Life Check Up #8

I never did post our MLCU post last week!  I guess I was so excited about getting out of work early and heading to Matt's family's house for Thanksgiving that I forgot!  Well, don't you worry... I'm all about makeups!
So this actually happened last Monday.  I came home after a bad day at work and just wanted to crawl in a hole and sleep for a week.  We were expecting friends for dinner so I couldn't do that.  Matt must have realized I would be doing the "fake happy" all night so he stopped by the store and picked me up some chocolate! (heart him!)

The first one he selected caught his attention because it was called Uganda which is where my family is from in East Africa.  I mean, how could he go wrong getting chocolate from my family's homeland?!
Well you see that "80%" written on the label?  That's what percent of dark chocolate it contains.  We ended up taking the bar to my parents house the next day so we could all enjoy a "taste of Uganda" together.  It was bad.  Really bitter and yucky bad.  My dad kept saying they burnt it and the aftertaste was awful!  We're all hoping none of our friends buy this thinking Ugandans eat this all the time.  We don't.  We like sweet Milk or White Chocolate.
--------------------------------------------------------------
The second type he got me were my favorites!  Guylian Belgian Seashells...yum!
Well, we had guests coming so I thanked him and put them aside with the plan to indulge myself to my hearts content.  Fast forward a couple days when I saw Matt hovering around the kitchen...

This is what I found!



Really?!  He ate half of them??  I thought they were my little pick-me-ups... but apparently that was too much temptation for him.  What did he think was going to happen when I found the box?!   Well he was put on chocolate probation for two days.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Ugandan chocolate? Bitter? How rude!! hahaha! Never ever seen that before! And yes, we like sweet milk or white chocolate. I'm going to find out if anybody has seen that chocolate anywhere around here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 80% cocoa chocolate is for either dark chocolate lovers or baking. if you bake some brownies or anything else calling from unsweetened chocolate, use that instead of the baking bars at the store. if you use ot in baking, it's going to get sweeter as you will add sugar and it just tastes so much better than the other stuff. trust me.

    what a sweet gesture your husband did. my husband would eat half, too haha. you guys are sweet. hope your dinner went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, it was the thought that counted! He was so sweet to do that!

    I would have done the same thing. Chocolate is just too darn irresistable! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sarah, I think it's only sold in the U.S. but do check. They also had chocolate from Costa Rica, Peru...and one other place.
    @ Sommer, will definitely try a recipe! Thanks for the idea! I have to make some treats for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!