Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's Christmas Time

...at least according to the calendar!  Gosh, lately it's felt so un-Christmas like.  Not sure if it's because I've been anticipating since the day after Halloween...? hm... maybe.
Or it could be because I'm fighting a killer cold this week.  Either or... I need to get back into the Christmas spirit because we don't have much time left!   We're done decorating the house too.  I don't have pics yet, but here is a sneak peek at our tree. :)  We decided to go with the blue and silver theme in that room because I haven't reupholstered the furniture yet.  Besides...since this is our first Christmas we don't have any ornaments yet...so we can afford to have a theme colored tree.
She's a beast of a tree.  One of my Craigslist finds that I will brag about till kingdom come.  10 feet tall in perfect condition for only $80!!  Yeah, she's my big steal for the year. She took almost 3 hours to assemble and 5 boxes of lights later... whoa now.

I got some of our ornaments from Walmart's colored glittery ornament section for $1 each.  Can't beat that!
I need to find some more blue ones...tonight.

 This one spoke to my heart.  It was a must-have accessory in my eyes.  "All I want for Christmas..."
...more to come!

7 comments:

  1. I think I have a bit of Xmas tree envy going on over here :) That is one nice looking tree my friend! Wowza, it's huge. If that doesn't give you enough holiday spirit, I don't know what will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...when I pass it on my way upstairs I do get excited. I just need to start wrapping the presents I got. That always helps me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh i LOVE it ... it is big and wonderful! i agree with Tami ... if that doesn't give you the Christmas spirit, i too, don't know what will!

    can't wait to see more! i have to share my stuff soon ... need to take pictures already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. i really like that stiletto ornament ... it's perfect!

    believe it or not, Sean picked out a red stiletto to be our one ornament we pick together. i had to veto it because i told him that it only represented me and not him, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tree!

    I feel ya on the lack of Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy,

    I would like to feature you on my blog. Please get in touch with me at ladies.roomtalk@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that sparkly shoe! It's like Cinderella!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!