Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Let's shed some light on the situation...

DIY Lamp Makeover


I found this ugly bronze lamp for $7 at our local Goodwill.


Because it was missing it's wire for the lamp shade they marked it down to $5
But I found a lamp shade that affixed to the base of the light bulb holder at Walmart for $8 and a can of silver spray paint in the garage.


Put it on the night stand in our Damask guest bedroom




...and my little sister posing with the lamp in it's element.


Easy Peasy!

6 comments:

  1. The lamp is simply fabulous! Although your sister modeling it Vanna-White style... is priceless.

    Rock on with your bad-DIY-self!! More, more, more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love making something old look new and like $$$! Great job! :)

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did such a great job! i love it so much! that lamp def. needed the love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome!!!! I wish I had that kind of creative eye. I never would have thought to do that. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you're so hands on! I want to do some DIY projects here too but it seems a lot harder in Uganda :-(

    The lamp looks amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! You are so creative and I love how you find ways to do things affordably! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!