Monday, January 31, 2011

Special Thanks!

Last week was full of a lot of surprises... two of which included the following two awards from a couple of my favorite followers!

From Tiffany at The Chocolate Knot....




Thanks so much Tiffany!  I feel extremely honored and appreciate you following my crazy posts!
To everyone else... be sure to check out her blog... it totally rocks...if I do say so myself!

***********So onto the award rules! {THE VERSATILE BLOGGER}**************

Rules:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award 
2. Answer 10 questions*
3. Pass it along to three blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy*
4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award
The Questions:
1.  Why did you create this blog?
I spent a lot of my free time planning my wedding to the point that I was going to go crazy if I didn't focus my energy somewhere productive.  My wedding photographer actually suggested I started blogging based on our e-mail corresponding.  I guess I had the "blogger" talk down! lol.

2. What kinds of blogs do you follow?
I focus mainly on DIY and relationship (newlywed) blogs.

3. Favorite make-up brand?
I guess avon.  But I honestly don't wear any... unless you count my carmex lip balm. :)
4. Favorite clothing brand?
I don't have one... I buy what's on sale!  But I always try to stop in at Ann Taylor, Forever 21, J.Crew's clearance section and T.J. Maxx!
5. Indispensable makeup product? My trusty lip balm.
6. Favorite color?
I guess blue?!  haha...but I'm totally into earth tones right now.
7. Favorite perfume? Wish by Victoria Secret.
8. Favorite film? Remember the Titans... and many others.  Movie buffs like me just can't settle for one.
9. What country would you like to visit and why? Australia... and "why not mate?!"  
10. Would you rather forget to put mascara on one eye or forget blush on one side of your face?I Mascara... I don't blush :)
So who am I passing on this award to? 
#1 ---Sarah at The Farmer's Wife...and not because she's my cousin!  Sarah is a newlywed in Uganda (Africa) posting all her adventures as a wife to a handsome farmer!  Check her out!!  Love you Sarah!
#2 --- Mrs.K at Learn(ing) to Enjoy the Rain.  I recently started following her blog and just love it.  Still newlyweds she focus on life before they begin their family.  They have two dogs... so I'll be getting some feedback from her as we prepare to get one of our own!! 
#3--Kathryn at Spouse Plus House is a newlywed I met while a part of Project Wedding.  Her and her husband just purchased their first home...and of course keeping us updated with all the fun of new home ownership! 
Well... hope you all get a chance to catch these fantastic blogs!! 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
And from Desi at SteakandPotatoesKindaGurl....

I never thought of myself as stylish, so this award was a surprise and made me smile!  Thanks Desi...and happy wedding planning!! :)

So for the rules...

To accept The Stylish Blogger Award I must:
  • thank and link back to the wonderful blogger who awarded me with the award
  • share 7 things about myself
  • award 15 5 recently discovered great bloggers
  • contact the bloggers and inform them of the award

Seven things you may not have known about me:
- I get crazy cravings for sliced cucumbers with ranch dressing
- I can't stand the color pink
- I don't like the flavor grape... but I love to eat grapes.
- I love long plane rides with movies
- I still don't know how to spell "licence".  (<--yup, spell check caught that for me!)
- I only drive Hondas
- I don't participate in winter activities (sledding, skiiing, etc)  I don't like the snow...and yes, I live in Ohio.

Wow... being so new to the blogging world I had to decrease my awarding to 5 blogs!!

#1 --- Tami at The Tami-licious Life - Newlywed adapting to her new life in sunny California... love her and her blog to pieces!
#2 --- Carrie at Dittle Dattle - I just adore her DIY projects..
#3 --- Michelle at Sweet Peas and Seashells - I just adore her awesome style and designs!  Check out her etsy shop as well!
#4 ---Sommer at A Mama with Flavor - Her food pictures make my mouth water... so the attached recipes just make my day!
#5 ---Michelle at Polka Dots and Pizza - She comes up with the cutest ideas to take something old and make it new again.. just love it!


Thanks again ladies for my awards...and thank you new bloggers for inspiring me!

5 comments:

  1. You are soooo welcome, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Thank you so much!!! I'm so excited I can barely think!!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thanks for including me Kathy! I'm a little absent from my blog lately, but hope to be back up and running soon! You're too sweet!

    p.s.- loving the new Dining Room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I drive a Honda too!!! [rock on sista]

    Thanks so much for the sweet and lovely award! I'm truly honored. And it means even more coming from someone I admire so much. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you! you are too sweet to think of me :D

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!