Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pretty Room wants a makeover

We call our living room the "pretty room" because we don't use it.  Apparently it's supposed to be a formal setting for entertaining.  We basically used it to setup the Christmas tree and open our presents.  Besides... the walls are plain white and there aren't any curtains on the window.  So really it's an ugly room to which our neighbors can clearly view from the street.  It needs a makeover.

I was having the hardest time coming up with a color scheme for this room.  I wanted to make sure I didn't used green and brown like the family room...but I also had to allow a color scheme that flowed into the formal dining room.  In the end I found my inspiration while flipping through Better Homes and Gardens. (Feb 2011; pg 48)
                                                                                                                                                     
                                    Look inside >                
                                  48                 49                                
                    February 2011                


Here's a couple pictures of the room now...blah and blah.


I want to paint all the walls Ivoire (SW6127)




Get these panels from JCPenney

...then reupholster the couch in a khaki / gray or accent one in that blue.  Otherwise these other color schemes will be used: (SW6214, SW6471, SW6402, SW6142)


Curious to hear your thoughts and suggestions!



5 comments:

  1. I love, love, love that color palette! Especially with the big windows in there- it will keep it fresh and clean and airy! My only concern [but it's hard to tell from the photos] is will that new wall color look ok with the tan carpet you have in there? If they are very similar in color/tone, it may not look quite right- so hard to tell though. Those curtains are awesome too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours you've chosen. Gorgeous!
    Can't wait to see what it will look like.

    PS: I want to be like you when I grow up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tams you're so right! I need to get a sample of the color and see how I feel about it. The thing I was trying to do was pull the tan from the curtains in the dining room into this room. And I might get a dark area rug for the room... Maybe that will help? Samples! I needs samples! lol. Love the feedback though... please keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh- yes! An area rug would work perfectly to help your tan on tan situation. You could even get something with a soft/subtle pattern to liven things up a bit.

    And are you seriously going to reupholster your couches?! Oh- I'm in awe! Maybe in a soft neutral gray-blue. Mmmmm... scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tams, that's the color I was thinking for the couches! I need to take a picture of the abstract art work I have for the room. It incorporates all the colors I want to use!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!