Tuesday, February 22, 2011

`Sew' let the crafting begin!

My parents got me a sewing machine for my birthday!  I'm so pumped and can't wait to start making some stuff for around the house.  I never did get my Valentine's Day pillow done in time, so that will be a practice project that will have to debut next year.
I grew up learning how to sew from my mom, but I have to admit I'm a little rusty.  We went over my parents house this past weekend and she gave me a refresher course.  All the long summers working in alterations shop and learning the basics came flooding back.  This time will be more interesting because it'll be my needles that I'll be breaking.  : /
The sewing machine is the new `toy' in our house, so Matt's itching to play with it.  I let him have a go and he did great!  I just love how he's always interested in what I do...especially if it's new to him.
For now though I'm still getting the settings right and saving my money for fabric and thread.  I do want to get the sink skirt done for the laundry room soon.  (Already got those supplies!)



4 comments:

  1. These photos of Matt are probably the cutest things I've ever seen! Totally melted me that he's so curious about the things you like.

    And WOOHOO for the new sewing machine!! I'm totally jealous!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so awesome!! can't wait to see the things you create!

    And Matt is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing all the lovely things you'll make.

    You're so lucky you know how to use a sewing machine. I've been trying to find someone to teach me for quite sometime but no luck yet :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww you are lucky! My man doesn't like half the things I do lol! I need to learn how to sew :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!