Friday, March 4, 2011

Craigslist Hunting

That's what I've been up to the last week.  Spring is coming and what better way to start it off than to have a couple pieces of furniture to sand and paint. :)  So I've been scouring the internet for the perfect pieces.
I want to completely finish the dining room, and to do so I need a hutch/cabinet and another smaller cabinet/mini buffet.  You may have noticed the other cabinet in the corner now.  Yeah... that was a Craigslist buy from last year that I now decided just doesn't fit the corner.  Actually, I just can't stand angling furniture into a corner when it's not meant to (that means I'll be attacking our tv stand next).

So these are the pieces I found.  This small cabinet will go in the left corner under the floating shelves.  It will hold glasses.  I'll be painting it black with a nice wall paper background inside and possible on the top.  :)  It's pretty short (31 inches), so I'll attach some wooden table legs... maybe 4 inch ones.  That should give it some umpf.  Price:$15...being picked up tomorrow morning!

 This is the new corner cabinet that I want.  Will also be painted black, new knobs, wall paper background, maybe install a light as well.  Price: $200...under negotiation.

Now off to find the perfect sawhorses.  I'm setting up a DIY station in the backyard as soon as the weather turns 60!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! So I keep up with your blog... and I thought you should take look at this plan if you can back out of that Craiglist corner cabinet. This allegedly will only cost you 50-100 to make and you like power tools from what I can tell :)

    http://ana-white.com/2010/12/easy-corner-cupboard.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!! Hope all is going well for you two! I saw that corner cabinet and loved it, but I really want glass doors. :) I'm in love with Ana-white though...she has some amazing plans. We're going to be doing a couple this summer! Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!