Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Recipes: Polish Sausage / Mashed Cauliflower / Mango Shake

Some of you are already scrunching up your nose.  Stop that!  lol.
If you don't like cauliflower...you have to give the mashed recipe a try... think...mashed potatoes with a twist!
Honestly this is one of those recipes that looks and sounds icky to most... but it was "oh-so-delicious"!  I promise!
This was a spur-of-the-moment cook session since I hadn't planned ahead (yikes!  I know... not me).  But it worked out for the better.  We had some polish sausage in the freezer and I've never cooked that before...so it sounded like fun.

Polish Sausage & Veggies
- Polish Sausage (sliced)
- Green Pepper
- Red Pepper
- Sweet Onion (sliced)
- Seasoning Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Olive Oil (about 2 Tbs)
- Potatoes

Heat the olive oil in a pan and then add onions and peppers.  Season with pepper and salt.

Once the onions start to brown add the sausage.  It's already cooked so just get it hot then cut the heat and cover.

Wash and cut potatoes into cubes.  Boil until they're tender... but not soft!!  Drain and pat dry with paper towel.  Season with seasoning salt and pepper and add to skillet with meat and veggies.  Keep on low until ready to serve.

Mashed Cauliflower
- Cauliflower (Fresh or frozen)
- Cheese (I recommend mozzarella or cheddar)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Sour Creme
- Butter

Boil Cauliflower till tender.
Beat with mixer until cauliflower is in small pieces.  Add butter, sour cream, salt & pepper to taste.  The same as what you would do for mashed potatoes.  Add the cheese... again, to taste.

Mango Shake
- 1 ripe Mango
- 2 Cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 Cups of ice

Blend... add fruit juice if you'd like (Ex: Dole Orange Banana).  Serve with straw.

So there you have it... a yummy dish that's relatively healthy.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious to me. I love cauliflower- even as a child! What a great looking meal. I love anything mango!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've always wanted to try mashed cauliflower... but I keep stopping myself. I need to just bite the bullet and do it. I have a feeling it will be one of those why-did-I-wait-so-long-to-try-this moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mashed Cauliflower is delicious and super easy! (you don't have to peel anything lol). Matt LOVES it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just LOVE mashed cauliflower! sooo good! what a tasty recipe! i've never had polish sausage ... i will have to try it!

    what a perfect wife! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Confession: I scrunched up my nose :)

    But after I read the recipe I want to try it out! I can't wait! It looks delicious.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im Polish and Ive never heard about this combination but Im sure it taste delicious. It`s great mix with mango shake (I will try it by myself). If you like cauliflower I recommend cauliflower with fried bread crumbs. It`s nice snack ;) Anyway Im going explore your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aleksandra... I know it's not a polish recipe.. I just added some veggies to spice things up. Love to hear more about your culture though! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely going to try to make the mashed cauliflower. Sounds SO YUMMY :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!