Monday, May 16, 2011

The 411

First off... I just want to say a huge Thank You to all of you who take the time to read my random chatter on here... it means the world to me!
Over the weekend I found out I have a lot more local followers than I thought.  Many of you don't comment and I encourage you to!  (You don't need to be a member of Blogger.com)  I'd love to hear your feedback and any ideas on what more you'd like to see on here.  What made me laugh was that a lot of people approached me with questions wondering why the blog was so quiet...or whether I was working on something huge!    Well I have some answers for all your questions!

Why is your blog so slow lately? 
Well we've been having a transition of winter to spring.  So a lot of changes have been going on inside the house.   I've been taking a ton of "before" pictures... so stay tuned for some crazy reveals!

Are you currently working on any projects? 
Are we?!  Here's a list of areas we're working on:
- The Family Room:  We finished painting this past weekend (huge thanks to my dad!!).  The frames were purchased from Ikea and we still need to reupholster the chairs, re-stain the tables, and establish better lighting.  Not to mention some mad decorating... eeek!  Working hard I promise!!
- The Backyard:  We've been saving like crazy for a storage shed...and it arrives this week (weather permitting!).  Then the garden box needs to be situated next to it and veggies planted.   Lastly...gutters installed on the shed for the rain barrel on back... yeah, remember that project?!  Oh, and there's been talks of a compost bin back there too... just talks.  I drew a picture.
See the garden box?!!!!  lol... I draw better by hand... promise!

- Garage Rehaul:  There will be a storage shed... therefore the garage gets a makeover!
- Doors and shutters: We want to paint them... to match the shed.  Because our Home Owners Association says they have to.  So now I'm going to get my red front door!! Hip...hip...!!
- Sewing Projects: I have a list...and I need to get majority of them done by Memorial Day weekend.  Prayers please.
- Clothing Transition: Need to organize and store winter clothes... release and display summer!

What new things are you adding to the blog? 
Product Reviews!  It won't be on any schedule... but I do use a lot of products to get some of my projects done.  I figured first hand reviews may come in handy for some of you getting started!  Stay tuned for happy choruses about the new laminator!

Will Matt be posting? 
The original plan was that we would both be actively involved in the blogging world.  Ironically, Matt would rather do hands on work than type for the time being.  But don't be surprised if he makes a guest appearance posting!   I may bribe him with a chocolate bar...or cake.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't that funny. I thought no one read my blog either until friends would randomly mention it to me in passing and I was like "hey, I didn't even know that they knew I HAD a blog". :)

    I knew that even though your blog has been a wee big quiet lately that that meant you were working harder than ever. You can be sure that I'll be here waiting for the big reveals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait for the big reveals! i know they are going to be HUGE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait! Looking forward to seeing more! ;)

    Have a great week!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!