Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day!

This past weekend was of course... Father's Day!  Super excited this year because for once we all researched early enough in the year for dad's gift and it was a great one... in our opinion. lol.  But for real... my dad loves the yard game cornhole and once I moved out of the house... my boards came with me.  So it was a for sure thing that we were going to get him his own set!  I found a guy on Craigslist {haha... of course} who made custom boards...so I sent him an image and he had it done in a week!   They turned out awesome!  My parents are from Uganda, so I really wanted to find something that tied into their heritage.   Check them out!
The image is their flag in the shape of the country.

When we got home from church we had them set up in the backyard for him to find.  Needless to say he loves them!!  We threw a couple bags before we headed off for lunch too.  :)


Hope everyone had a Happy Father's Day with their father's. :)

6 comments:

  1. I've never actually heard of that game. What a great gift for your dad. Isn't it great when you find the perfect gift?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome and creative of you! Looks like a fun game ... how do you play?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my... I'm so surprised so many people haven't heard of it! It took our state by storm a few years ago. Here are the official rules: http://www.playcornhole.org/rules.shtml

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that girl in the background of the pic a model??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous?! Really Jenny?? You think I don't know it's you?? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. KATHY!!! I'm back!! I've missed you so, so, so much and I'm just DYING to get caught up on your blog and see all the fun things you've been up to this summer. Wheeeee!

    And this pressie for your pop? LOVE IT! My besties in NC just loved this game and we played it all the time. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!