Monday, June 6, 2011

Girls' Weekend (Part 1)

It's been in the works for awhile now... my mother-in-law and I have been wanting to just get away for a girl's weekend.  We couldn't decide where to go for the longest time because of cost, distance and who knows what. But in the end we decided to stay closer to home and check out the Lake Erie coast and islands.  No concrete plans as to what to do...just go and enjoy what was offered!  What made it even more exciting was that her good friend and one of my best blog followers, Diane, came too!!  You'll remember her as the one who sent us our Surprise Package in March!  We seriously all had a blast!  I haven't laughed so hard on a golf cart...with bugs pelting my face...ever.  haha... will explain later.

Friday... 

Shirley and Diane arrive and we headed off to a tea room restaurant in my hometown.  Food was delicious!

{Diane, Shirley & I}

On the way there and on our way home we hit up some yard sales and got some great stuff.   Diane got me this ceramic pot for the backyard for only $25!  It's about 2 feet tall and completely hollow.  It came with this huge fall flower arrangement that we immediately ripped out.  I saved it for a huge fall wreath. :)

Shirley even got this cute metal bistro set for only $30!  It needs some tlc on the tabletop that might make it onto the blog as a feature once she decides what she wants to do! :)
When Matt got off work the four of us headed over to an outdoor promenade/mall.  We ate at the Cheesecake Factory and spent the rest of the night shopping and listening to the live band that was playing in the square.

We got home late...ate our cheesecakes and headed off to bed...we had an early morning of driving to do!
Stay tuned!...

Meanwhile, be sure to check out the linky party this week!!

3 comments:

  1. It's a blessing to get along with in-laws - especially to such an extent that you can take a trip together! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! How fun. What I would give to do this with my mother in law. Alas, we live very far apart. You are a lucky gal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! looks like a fabulous weekend! can't wait to read part 2!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!