Monday, June 13, 2011

A Planting Party

I'm so excited to be making this post!  You all remember my girl's trip to Lake Erie shores.  Well this past weekend I was invited to Diane's house for her annual planting party!  This is the most unique party I've ever been too and I felt so honored to be able to attend and get a chance to tour her lovely home!  When it comes to DIY inspiration, Diane is one to learn from!  Her house is gorgeous!  Inside and out...check out all the outdoor amazing-ness she's done!
Diane's house is nestled in the perfect woodsy backdrop! 
Arriving at her front porch we're greeted with a clever wreath and inviting decor. 


Then for a tour around her yard and garden... 
This is a living wreath...as in, it gets watered and is constantly growing!
A glass house for her fairy garden.  :)

A trellis she handmade!



Check out these two bistro sets she found at yard sales that she painted and reupholstered!  Too cute!!

I loved all the potted flowers and plants. 

By the time I finished snapping pics... the rest of the guests arrived to start planting!  Here's how the party is set up.  Everyone is asked to bring a flat of flowers and/or small plants, pots to plant in, a $1 item to put in for auction and $1 in change for the auction {more on that later}.  Diane provided the potting mix. 

Then you start planting from the stash everyone brought!  I brought three pots for the shed and my mother-in-law bought me this lovely hanging basket! 
 I went around and snapped pics of the other ladies' pots. 

 This mother-daughter team were on a roll!

 How cute is this mini wheel barrow!?
 Diane was in her front yard planting her latest project...seriously love this!

Of course they all needed watering.

Then is was time for lunch!  How adorable is this watermelon holder?!
 The weather was gorgeous and we were able to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine. 
 The auction was fun.  We each had a dollar in change that we could use to bid on the items people had brought.  Some of  the hot ticket items were a couple of window garden baskets, wine jelly, a cute blank notepad book, wire basket and garden accents.   It was a blast!
And here are all the ladies!
Thanks for the great time!!  I'll definitely be working on having a planting party of my own...the Cleveland chapter!  :)

9 comments:

  1. I think your friend must have 10 green thumbs! Beautiful greenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, how incredible! i have to agree with Frugalista! def. looks like she has 10 green thumbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazingly awesome and creative idea! It's brilliant!! And I can't even begin to comment on all the cutie-pie plantings and decor (not enough time in the day). I'm absolutely in LOVE with EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy thanks for sharing this planting party. I have never heard of one before. What a cute idea. Love all the pictures you took. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing idea! This looks like so much fun!!
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog!! :) I love hearing from you!
    xoxo from Germany,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you please tell me where this cutie pie watermelon holder came from!? I have searched online and can't find anything like it! I would love to use it for my daughter's swim themed birthday party!

    Thanks so much!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Liz! My friend got it at LTD Commodities!
    http://www.ltdcommodities.com/Housewares-%2B-Dining/Tabletop/Serveware/Watermelon-Dress-Up-Kits/prod210312.jmp?navAction=jump&fm=search

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you post how she made that awesome stack of flower pots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's an online tutorial on how to make the stacked pots.
      http://www.instructables.com/id/Tip-Top-Flower-Pots-Maximize-limited-space-to-gro/
      ...it's such a cute project!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!