Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Refreshing Cucumber Sandwiches

We went to a wedding this past weekend that had these and I was on cloud nine!  Such an easy appetizer to make...and so delish...and possibly healthy depending on what you use!   I went the healthy route!

Ingredients: 
French Bread
Cream Cheese {I used Neufchatel Cream Cheese}
Sour Cream (I used Fat Free}
Cucumber
Fresh Dill
Tastefully Simple Spinach and Herb Seasoning {You can use a spinach dip mix packet}

Lay out slices of the french bread on a cookie sheet and toast in the oven to get it crispy.
In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream {50/50} and add some of the seasoning to taste {no... I didn't measure sorry!}  
Spread the mixture onto the bread.  Top with thinly sliced cucumber and sprinkle with fresh dill {yup... had some of that growing!}

Serve right away!  So yummy!

3 comments:

  1. This looks yummy, and so easy! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good. I love cucumber sandwiches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so yummy! and pretty!

    I've been going crazy eating cucumber salad this summer. You know the vinegar kind? Oh... it makes me smile just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!