Monday, June 13, 2011

Why I love him...

Well there are many reasons why I love my husband, Matt.  He's truly a blessing from God.  But I have to be extremely grateful for the fact that he knows how to cook... and well, for that matter.  Not only is he the master griller of the house, but when I'm feeling down and out he  takes it upon himself to whip up a delicious meal.  Last night was one of those nights and he surprised me by making Grilled Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken on a bed of spanish rice served with fresh corn off the cob.  Yeah... he did that.

My favorite part was the presentation.  Notice the sprig of parsley at the top right of the plate for garnish..and the tv and wii remotes... so that I could watch my favorite show on Netflix as we ate.  :)
He's something special for sure.

Matt's marinade of choice:

10 comments:

  1. My husband is the cook between the two of us hands down. We are lucky that way! That looks like a great meal and I am a huge fan of watching TV while eating a good meal. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet is Matt!!! i love it when i get home and Sean has dinner made! so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww that is so cute - the garnish of parsley and the Wii controller and remote!! :) :) :) That makes me happy that your husband does sweet things like that for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy healthy marriage! Thanks for sharing this; it's good to hear stories about how marriage works. You got me thinking of all the little acts of kindness my hubby does. And on that note, let me go hug and kiss him. Eeeeeeeeeeee! (That's my high-pitched scream of excitement).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes...a husband like that is a keeper for sure! I have a husband who cooks and cleans as well and I wouldn't trade him for the world! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband is the cook in our house too...probably because he got tired of waffles. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so sweet of your husband! Looks delicious as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm serious- Matt needs to give Adam some lessons. ASAP.

    This looks amazing, and even more than that- it spells out LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow- my husband likes to cook but nothing like this! My daughter has been craving some sun dried tomato dish. I had never seen the Lawry's marinade before - Thanks for sharing. Getting some tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to show my boyfriend this blog and show him men do cook. He tries (which is cute)but it is not that tasty looking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!