Friday, July 15, 2011

Full Bloom!

The gardens around the house are really starting to come alive.  Every other night we get a chance to sit outside on the patio and just enjoy the colors and smells.  I managed to shoot a few pictures as the sun was going down.  Let's see how well I do with the flower names haha.  Matt is the gardener.  I'm just the substitute watering girl or extra pair of hands.

This is the corner garden in the back of our yard next to the shed.  We dug this out last summer so we never really got a good season out of the plants.   The hydrangea tree in front, we bought the end of summer last year during a sale at a local garden center.  It didn't look like it was going to make it...but surprise! 
This is honeysuckle.  It's been here the longest and I don't remember ever seeing it flower.  Most of the time it looked like it was dying and barely holding onto the trellis. lol.  Doing great now. 

 These are the lilies.  Slowly became my favorite garden flower this year.  I love all the different colored ones I've seen.  I'll be blogging soon on my  mom's garden...now she has some crazy awesome lilies!! 

The side and back patio already did their blooming.  Not sure if they'll bloom again.  Take my word for it, it was pretty while it lasted. :)

Matt and his dad planted these climbing roses this summer on the side of the house outside the office.  I love them!  I wouldn't have thought to put them there, but it's perfect!  They're starting to bloom for the second time this summer. 


The hibiscus trees are outside now {they're usually in the office during winter}.  They had a shock period because we had a couple chilly nights, but they're starting to bloom again. 
This rose of sharon is a blessing and a curse.  It's a gorgeous flowering tree but it drops seeds constantly.  So if we're not careful little trees start growing in the rock patch and garden on the other side.

See... there's a rose a sharon in the middle of that bush!  I think we're keeping it alive to transplant it to the corner garden. 
Here is the front of the house.  I don't know what these are but we need more color... hm... working on that.


4 comments:

  1. Your flowers are lovely, and make my yard look...very neglected ;-)
    Thanks for your kind comments at Red Hen Home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful garden, Kathy!! :)
    I love all the flowers and off course especially the honeysuckle. Hehe
    I hope you're having a wonderful weekend as well!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look beautiful!!! wow, great job Kathy and Matt!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza! Everything looks incredible! I have to say, I'm a sucker for the honey suckle. It's just so... CUTE! :) Oh, I wish we had a yard. Someday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!