Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cake/Display Stand

I heart yard sales!  Mainly because you never know what treasure you're going to find!   I always look forward to seeing what inspirations I might see or crazy bargains I could score!  Well, a few weeks ago I was out yard sale hunting with my mother-in-law and family friend, Jenny.  We spent hours going from house to house...grabbing all sorts of deals and steals!   At the first house we stopped at I saw this white ceramic pillar candle holder and knew I had to have it!  For only $0.50...I was sold!
Now I knew what I wanted to make.  A cake/display stand for when we're entertaining guests!  So the hunt was on for a unique plate to attach to the stand....a few houses later I found it!  It was marked $2, but got it for $1!
I love the crisscross pattern and the angle of the edges!
I got out my trusty Gorilla Glue and got to work!  This glue is every crafter's must-have.  Just make sure you follow the instructions carefully! 

I let it clamp set overnight for a strong hold.  The next morning I had a display food stand costing me a total of $1.50!   Score!!!

...oh, and don't think for a minute that these were my only purchases!  haha... I'll be posting soon!
 So glad to be back in blog-land!  Thanks for all the e-mails and comments!!  I really missed you guys!



{Check out the parties I'm hanging out at!}
including...

12 comments:

  1. Yours looks great! I've tried this before but I had issues with the gorilla glue. It turned on me and now I have this lovely goop on my plate. Maybe I'll try again soon!

    ~Jessa
    www.jessajill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I love how easy this project is, aren't those the best?!

    By the way, I am hosting my very FIRST link party and I would love to have you link this to it--
    http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/08/show-share-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that cake stand makes you wantbto have a party now, doesn't it? :) It came out fabulous honey! I've been wanting to do this for a while but the "stand" part has proven to be elusive. I just need to keep looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is so pretty and what a transformation!!! I would love to have a beautiful cake stand!! Gotta keep my eyes out for some treasures like you found!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks awesome. Thank you so much for linking this up to mine and Lindsays Party Show and Share! Come on over and visit and follow me.

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That came out so pretty! You found the perfect dish to top it off! Thank you for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the cake stand looks amazing! and guess what?! i think this is the first thing you have done that i actually think i can do, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its good to have you back. Very nicely done.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too good.
    Great work.
    Keep going.
    Its awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!