Friday, August 26, 2011

The New Garage Floor

The Floor.... 
haha... couldn't help myself.  Last weekend I saw Toy Story 3 for the first time and I loved it!   Now I need to go back and watch the second one!   Anywho, the little alien guys were my favs in the first  movie.  :)

But back to the real reason you're reading this!!  The garage floor is done!
 Actually it's been done for about a week and a half, but my lame self hasn't gotten around to snapping pics.  So this morning, before I left for work I got a nice shot for you all.  I apologize now for not taking before and during shots.  Matt was actually the one who did all the painting and he had to work fast before the paint hardened up on him.   I think he did a fantastic job!  Now I have the urge to repaint the walls {basic white} and organize the whole space.

What we used--> Last summer we purchased Shield-Crete from Sherwin Williams while it was on clearance.   They come in a range of colors with optional decorative flakes
Beige Firebrick Red
Royal Blue Night Sky
Safety Yellow Jade Green
Ivory Pewter

We chose pewter! {aka dark gray with a tint of blue}

Pewter

Here's how it turned out!


I love it!  The floor looks so clean...and organized despite the mess.  For example, check out the storage rack I get to tackle sometime next week! 
Can you say...clear storage boxes...with labels?  
And I have no idea why we have bright orange hard hats...{up top}... wow.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, wow, wow!! That looks AMAZING!! This has been on my to-do list since we moved into our place, but I just haven't gotten around to doing it. Painting the floor really makes a WORLD of difference. And yeay for Matt- he did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're cleaning out our garage this weekend so we can paint the floor next weekend. Uggg!!! We were going to use epoxy something or other. Is that the same type of thing you used?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, the floor looks amazing! awesome job Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frugalista, yes...and epoxy based paint is perfect for a garage or basement floor. Very durable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice choice, Kathy! The one beside pewter is also a gorgeous color. If my hubby were to pick one, he'll definitely pick either of them too! The floor's paint should also depend on the wall's paint, of course. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for posting these colors, I can't find them anywhere on the Sherwin Williams website and
    running across your blog saved me trip to the store. thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!