Monday, August 22, 2011

Photo Gallery Wall

I'm such a kid right now.  This project isn't even done, but I can't wait to post it.  Maybe it'll motivate me to complete it. lol.  I've been dying to get pictures on our bare walls all through the house... especially the stairwell.  A photo collage has been a huge dream of  mine, and it's finally happening!   
The frames are from: 
- Ikea - assorted Ribba {thanks to my sis for picking them up!}
- yard sales and,
- I have one canvas print on there that I just bought from Canvas People.  It was free!  All I had to pay was shipping.  That's right...a $50 canvas for $14! 
The wall decal I purchased from Hobby Lobby during their 50% off wall art sale!  So it ended up costing $10!
As you can see, I have a lot of pictures to get developed to fill them.  I didn't realize they were all 5x7's!  I also want to get about 2 more canvases and maybe 6 more frames from Ikea so that they reach the top of the stairs.
 Not going to lie, this took longer than I thought it would.  With all the measuring and leveling...ugh!  I didn't have Matt to help me because he was off drafting his fantasy football team... sigh. haha.  Needless to say I got pretty frustrated at times. {Mainly at the decal and my dumb non-sticking tape}
 Once this is done for real I'll do an update post.  But this is a nice tease for now. lol.


10 comments:

  1. Wow- this is turning out ah-mazing. And I *know* how frustrating it is to create one of these. One of those things that looks easy- but totally isn't. Can't wait to see it finished though. You'll have a new place to hangout! "Hey honey, I'm going to go hang out on the stairs for a bit". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I have a decal on order. Was it hard to put up? I'm nervous bc. I have textured walls too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tami,
    I would say for you...get some really good tape when applying the decal. They say to use masking tape. (Painter's tape doesn't do the trick..and I used scotch with difficulties). When it comes to a textured wall I would definitely go slow and rub on more as I peel away the transfer paper. That way you can ensure it's sticking to your wall. Can't wait to see what you ordered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Love love love! Kathy, where do you live? Because if I'm ever making a trip anywhere near you, I'll have to stop by your house and just soak in all the inspiration for when hubby and I get our first house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i absolutely love it! wow, the wall decal is fabulous!! you are doing such a great job and the picture on the canvas is perfection! can't wait to see when it is complete!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You (especially being the chemist you are) are going to die when you see the decal I got. I have some serious wall paininting I have to get done first though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love photo gallery walls. Great job girl!! I am sure it will look fantastic when it's all done! Hmmm.....The decal gives me some great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, I love your enthusiasm and can see why you're so excited to share. Your gallery is coming along beautifully! You've done a beautiful job combining the canvas, photo and decal elements into a meaningful and artful display!

    Thank you so much for being a part of "A Little Birdie Told Me..." Tuesday at Rook No. 17!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great!!! Gallery walls are hard to do!! It's so hard to achieve that "oh I just threw these up here... yet they look AWESOMELY perfect" look! :)
    Can't wait to see the finished look!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!