Friday, August 12, 2011

Tomato, Basil & Fresh Mozzarella Pizza

The garden has been abundant!  I've picked over 10 tomatoes and the basil is huge so I decided to make a pizza.  Super easy recipe...and Matt inhaled half of it.  :) {Yup, I think I can officially say my hubby eats tomatoes now.}

Tomato, Basil & Fresh Mozzarella
Tomatoes - Sliced Thinly {Roma Recommended}
Fresh Basil Leaves {I grew Cinnamon Basil}
Fresh Mozzarella
Ground Black Pepper
Olive Oil
Pizza Dough

Preheat oven to what's recommended on the dough package.  Roll out the dough onto a greased pizza stone (our cookie sheet).  Spread olive oil on dough with a pastry brush.  Top with sliced tomatoes, basil and sliced pieces of mozzarella.  Sprinkle some black pepper.  Bake.  Serve hot! 




8 comments:

  1. Looks so good! I'm sort of an iffy tomato eater but I would definitely eat this pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's what I'm talking about!! Isn't it so fun to cook when you can incorporate things that you grew yourself? I adore running outside to snip herbs and then running back to the kitchen to throw them in whatever I'm making.

    FYI, oftentimes pizza parlors (you know, the kind with the *best* crust) sell raw pizza dough for uber cheap. We used to do this in NC and it turned out so scrumptious that it was almost unreal. Maybe something for next time? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks SOOO good! I love tomatoes...I am guilty of eating them straight from the garden after brushing the dirt off on my shirt. So sanitary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tams, I never knew that about pizza parlors!! Definitely going to give it a try!! Thanks!

    @Cece... I do that too! Hey, it's the natural way! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. so delish!!! i love homemade pizzas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! Here's a slightly different version I made for some girlfriends the other day; this version is great to serve at a party; let me know what you think (see recipe for the baguette here):
    http://chicascuisine.blogspot.com/2011/08/filling-menu-fancied-up-pasta-french.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! This looks absolutely yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pictures, maybe I need a new camera. Hmmm...or maybe I just stink at pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!