Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Another Ikea Order!

Yes, you read right!  Lil sis Jen has been sent to Ikea once again to purchase items for our office!
I know...we all thought that room was completed.  But to be quite honest, we needed more storage.
When we left off in January the office looked like this.
The newest addition was the printer cart!  LOVE the printer cart.  Since we have two printers and numerous amounts of paper and cardstock, this helped me organize everything!
Well since then I purchased a laminator which had no home!  So I went by Big Lots and purchased this bookcase for only $20!  The assembly was easy and now we have space for the laminator and storage for some of the items that were cluttering up the desk space.

The problem was that we still have boxes of books in storage that we would like to have displayed in the office.  I had found some inspiration

So after a search through Ikea's website I found these Fabian wall shelves...and for only $7!  I plan to stain them a dark brown to match the rest of the furniture.
FABIAN Wall shelf, softwood Width: 27 1/2 " Depth: 9 1/2 " Height: 6 3/4 " Max load/shelf: 22 lb  Width: 70 cm Depth: 24 cm Height: 17 cm Max load/shelf: 10 kg
I sent Jen to get two for each side window!  Ah!  Can't wait!! I also requested a couple magazine storage boxes so that I can store all my inspiration reads on one of the shelves.  In green of course!   Though, I'm still trying to figure out how I started receiving Parenting magazines!! 
KASSETT Magazine file, green Width: 4 " Depth: 9 ¾ " Height: 12 ½ " Package quantity: 2 pack  Width: 10 cm Depth: 25 cm Height: 32 cm Package quantity: 2 pack

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! We have 12 boxes full of books that we need to figure out what to do with. I've been hunting for inexpensive shelving for so long. I think maybe I just need to make the drive over to Ikea and see what they have. I'm just scared I'm going to want EVERYTHING! Can't wait to see how yours turn out!

    *P.S. Glad to see you are still enjoying the mouse pad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. IKEA is awesome when it comes to bookcase and shelf solutions that blend in well with the overall decor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to the ladder bookcase for all our darn books! it annoys me that they are in the basement just chilling and not being read at all. i think some of the books i haven't even read at all.

    can't wait to see what you do in your office!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!