Sunday, September 4, 2011

One year later...

 Today marks the day Matt and I got married!  I seriously can not believe a whole year has passed by!  Seems like just yesterday we were exchanging our vows and starting the rest of our lives as husband and wife!   In honor of that special day I'm going to do a small recap of that awesome day I like to remember as the best of my life... {so far!}....
Friday, September 3rd, 2010 - Our Rehearsal and Engagement
This was the day of our rehearsal lunch and traditional Ugandan engagement ceremony {Kwanjula}.  It was by far a busy day for everyone involved.  We woke up early to get last minute things set up for the Kwanjula, pick up guests arriving at the airport...and deal with the mismatched tuxs!  In the end we all managed to make it to the church at 12 for rehearsal and  then to lunch.



After a quick bite the girls had to be at my parents house to start getting dressed and Matt and his guys had to go back to pick up their tuxs...which turned out great!!
You can read more about the details of the Kwanjula here. {There are more pictures there as well!}




 After the ceremony we partied and ate till late.  I remember it being sometime after 1AM before I headed to bed to get some beauty sleep for the big day. lol

Saturday, September 4th, 2010 - Our Wedding Day
I could say that this day was a blur... but I would be lying.  It went by at the perfect speed.  I'm not sure why. I think by the time things set into action I made it a point to just sit back and enjoy the 1 1/2 years of planning.    Don't believe me with the planning madness... you can check out my planning site here! {It was a legit situation!}
But in all seriousness, I just wanted to soak in the moment.  And Matt and I did just that!
While Matt and the boys were getting ready at the house...
Pro Pics Getting Ready photo 6

Pro Pics Getting Ready photo 1

Pro Pics Getting Ready photo 3
The girls and I were primping and prepping at my cousin's apartment.
Pro Pics Getting Ready photo 7

Pro Pics Getting Ready photo 9

Pro Pics Getting Ready photo 11

Soon it was time to get dressed. 
Pro Pics Getting Ready photo 18

Pro Pics Getting Ready photo 19

Pro Pics Getting Ready photo 23

Pro Pics Getting Ready photo 25

Pro Pics Getting Ready photo 29

The girls and I  then headed to my parents house for pictures and then to the church for the ceremony
Pro Pics Pre Ceremony Pictures photo 2

Pro Pics Pre Ceremony Pictures photo 3

Pro Pics Pre Ceremony Pictures photo 4
Waiting for the ceremony to begin
Pro Pics The Ceremony photo 1

Pro Pics The Ceremony photo 2
Seeing my dad for the first time. 
Pro Pics The Ceremony photo 1

Pro Pics The Ceremony photo 3

Pro Pics The Ceremony photo 4

Show time!
Pro Pics The Ceremony photo 7 
Pro Pics The Ceremony photo 8

Pro Pics The Ceremony photo 9 
Pro Pics The Ceremony photo 10
Pro Pics The Ceremony photo 11 
Pro Pics The Ceremony photo 12
Pro Pics The Ceremony photo 13 
Pro Pics The Ceremony photo 14
Pro Pics The Ceremony photo 5 

Pro Pics The Ceremony photo 6

Pro Pics The Ceremony photo 24

Pro Pics The Ceremony photo 28

Pro Pics The Ceremony photo 27

Pro Pics The Ceremony photo 22
Mr. & Mrs.!
Pro Pics The Ceremony photo 30

Saturday, September 4th, 2010 - Our Reception
Now the party could really begin!  We had an awesome reception!  The food was amazing...dance floor was packed and we got to spend it all with our family and friends!  I wouldn't have changed a thing!





Soul Train!  Busting a move!!


Ha... I'm not going to recap the honeymoon!  Mainly because I already did!

There you have it... a year old memory!  Here's to many more!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Kath- I'm so in love with your wedding (not that you didn't already know). And how fun to look back on it a year later. Such a stunning bride. Such a beautiful wife. Happy anniversary love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah you did the braiding of the cord of 3 strands too! :-D

    Happy Anniversary and may you grow more and more in grace and love in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 1 year marriage. And many more to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, Kathy ... this post made me smile! i just love your wedding pictures!!! congrats on one year of marriage ... can't believe it moved that quickly! hope you're having an amazing time enjoying your hubby!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!