Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries

When I think fall I tend to think fall food as well.  That means "spiced" flavor and rich tastes!  Last night I whipped together some sweet potato fries for the first time.  They were so delish!!   Here's the recipe!

Ingredients
Sweet Potatoes 
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Brown Sugar

Preheat oven to 375F.
First peel the sweet potatoes and cut into wedges. 
Slice the sweet potato!

Next, place them on a cookie sheet or baking dish and season to taste with salt, pepper and brown sugar.  Then drizzle them with olive oil. 
Put the fries on the baking sheet!

Bake for about 15 min and flip them.  Bake for another 15 min or until soft in the center. 
Remove from the oven and sprinkle a little more brown sugar on top and serve! 
Perfect Oven Sweet Potato Fries
Yeah, these were super easy and yummy!  Matt was on cloud nine!  Now I need to make some chili... yeah buddy!
Hope you're all doing well!  Thanks for the comments... love reading your responses and ideas!!

{Picture source}

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kathy, I never could find here on the East Coast sweet potatoes that taste just like the kind I ate back home in West African (*sigh*). But i'm SUCH a fan of sweet potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just started loving sweet potatoe fries this year and i am in love! i will make this recipe! sooo delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe just screams Fall! I think I might just have to add this to my list this season (even though it's still 75 and sunny her. Bah!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE sweet potato fries! But I haven't tried making them myself. Cutting sweet potatoes is like cutting through concrete lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!