Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Cookies!

Every year I tell myself I'm going to make oodles of Christmas cookies...and every year "something comes up" and I don't get a chance.  This year, I made sure it happened.  A couple of my best friends came over and we had huge bake-off!
{Kristin, Ali & I}
These ladies are amazing!  We try to get together at least once a month to catch up and swap new recipes...but basically we have a great time together.

So it was no surprise that the list of cookies we made was intense!

Peanut Butter Blossoms
Lemon Ricotta Cookies
Snickerdoodles
Chocolate Pretzel Fudge
White Chocolate Bark
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
Ginger Snaps
Raspberry Thumbprints
Chocolate Covered Pretzels

Here is the kitchen all setup
Don't have any pictures of us actually baking since we were all hands in!  But there were a few casualties!  haha... my brain is mush these days (Thanks to the baby)... so I kept forgetting about the ones in the oven! 
Luckily we had a little helper!  Kristin's older son Ty was eager to help measure and pour.  
Of course Aunt Ali was more than welcome to indulge is requests for sugar... haha
Yum....cookies!!! 






When all the cookies were baked it was time to divvy up!
We also made cookie mix jars! (Chocolate Chip)
Overall I would say it was a huge success!! 
Has anyone else started tackling their Christmas cookies yet?

8 comments:

  1. Those cookies look so good! And I love the cookie mix in jars - that looks so adorable and is such a good gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word! you are not kidding! you guys made an insane amount of cookies! i freaking wish. i have not made a single Christmas cookie. makes me sad. but i will fix that with the Oreo Truffles i will make in a few days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. i want the cookie in a jar! so awesomely clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't....but everyone else has and they are all over the office; hence the daily sugar eating and growing addiction. That's the holidays! It's cool that you made it fun by doing it with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOw you guys really did go all out! They look so yummy! I love the idea of that cookie jar too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a lot of fun! love friendships like this. The cookies looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had so much fun!!! And yes, it was not necessarily a wise idea to give Ty the amount of sugar I did...lesson learned :) I def loved that day and think we may have started a new tradition...xoxo to you and Baby C.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!