Tuesday, January 24, 2012

25 week Bump Update!



How Far Along? 25 weeks 3 days
Size of Baby? About 13.5 inches and weighing about 1.5 lbs (weight of a rutabaga)
Maternity Clothes? My normal t-shirts, sweatpants and flowy shirts no longer fit.  I'm full maternity now.
Stretch Marks? None!  Cocoa butter is my best friend.
Sleep? Back to awful sleep patterns.  I do fall asleep... but the pain of rotating in the middle of the night is excruciating do to the back pain (yeah, more on that lovely symptom below)
Food Cravings? French toast... morning, day or night.
What I Miss: Taking up less space 
What I'm Looking Forward To:  My next  ultrasound!  I can't wait to see how big Cricket has gotten. 
Symptoms?  I'm over the fact that I have cankles.   Matt finds it completely hilarious, but does offer to massage my feet everyday.  Last week I woke up at 3 am to searing heartburn.  That was new and it took me awhile to realize that was what it was.  Needless to say, no more Penn Station subs before bed.  Many or saying it's a sign that the baby's hair is coming in...which is right on time so I'm cool with it. :)   My pelvic pain is back.  Probably because I've been trying to do too much... so the support belt is back on.  Just wish I could sleep without the pain flaring up in my hip socket.  Doc said I should try icing it.  Yeah... it's like zero degrees out and she wants me to use ice.  hm... we'll see.  
Movement?  I'm about to sign the baby up for gymnastics based on the perfect somersaults he or she has been doing.  I can visually see my belly move!  It's so weird and awesome at the same time.
Belly Button In or Out? What belly button?!  Oh, you mean the doorbell I'm rocking?  
Labor Signs? Nope!
Best Moment of the Week? Matt is convinced we're having a boy, while I choose girl.  He's heard the old wives' tale that a higher heartbeat is usually a girl.  So at my last doc appointment Matt came and when we heard the heartbeat the nurse said it was 145.  (Boy range) and Matt got all excited and said, "Could you repeat that"... immediately the heartrate jumped up to 155. (girl range)  Ha... our baby is so smart.
Weekly Wisdom: "Men will never understand the need for 1/2 of the baby gear you register for... not to mention the crazy names they have" ... still trying to convince Matt we need a baby tub.  He thinks an inch of water in a normal tub or even a bucket will suffice. {sigh}

7 comments:

  1. Okay, I felt the same as Matt until I had a 6 month old baby who didn't fit in the kitchen sink for baths anymore. The bathtub was huge and the baby was slippery. So, that tiny baby tub in the bath tub was a godsend. Trying to hold onto a soaped up baby was like trying to hold onto a slippery eel. Go for the baby bath tub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting that the two of you are thinking what sex the baby is! that made me smile ... of course Matt would say boy, haha.

    and you look beautiful! you are truly glowing!

    and cocoa butter is my friend now and i'm not preggo, hehe.

    have a great week, miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I liked cocoa butter before... but now I go through it like water!

      Delete
  3. You look amazing! def all baby, I'm on your side about you having a baby girl, however if you do indeed have a little boy, I bet he'll be so handsome with his little curls:) Congratulations to you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commend you for waiting until the birth to find out. So much patience. Boys always want boys it's so funny. I love that your baby did that thing with the heart rate, smart baby for sure wants to keep you guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 25 weeks!! Woot! More than halfway there!! Yes, baby bathtubs are a must! So hard to keep their slippery self still with one hand holding them.
    The plus side is that Goodwill has baby bathtubs ALL THE TIME, so no need to pay top dollar if you don't wanna. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee... I didn't even think to go to Goodwill!! Thanks for the heads up!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!