Wednesday, January 11, 2012

For that perfect shot...

I've been researching for over a year for the perfect family camera.  And by that I mean a very nice...budget altering camera. lol.  I finally made a decision right before fall that I was definitely investing in a Canon SLR camera this year.   Now that we have our lil bean coming into the world soon... all the more reason to get one.  I need to be able to get some crazy awesome shots of our baby love!
So after months of  reading reviews...stalking other photog blogs... which one did I FINALLY decide on?

{Canon EOS Rebel T2i}
Canon EOS Rebel T2i 18.0MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm IS Lens - Black.Opens in a new window
Though... I'm still considering a splurge on the upgraded model... 

{Canon EOS Rebel T3i}
Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera and DIGIC 4 ImagingCanon EOS Rebel T3i 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera and DIGIC 4 Imaging

Of course you know I'll be hunting down the perfect camera bag too... it has to be super cute!! haha.  Accessories are so important! 
The price difference is substantial so I'm waiting to see if the price drops since the crazy Christmas shopping.  Rumor has it electronics will start getting cheaper... so keep an eye out!! 

Anyone have a digital SLR camera?  I would love to hear your thoughts and recommendations!

6 comments:

  1. I have the Canon Rebel T2i! (I think. Because they're called different here in Europe, I bought mine as Canon EOS 550D). And I love it!! It's 14 months old though, so if I bought one now I would consider the upgrade, of course... unless the price difference is huge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a canon too! But a different type. EOS 30D. I've had it for YEARS and love it to bits.

    Then for my non dslr I have the olympus stylus (i forget the numbers) which i got cuz it's drop proof and goes underwater for vacays.

    You're gunna LOVE your canon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hearing lots of good things about this camera. I might update my own at some point once I get jealous enough of other bloggers awesome photography.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Nikon D3100 DSLR. I love it. We got it after the baby and it was the best investment ever. I love taking pictures and once the baby starts moving all over the place I kept getting blurry picture. A DSLR later, I rarely get blurry pics. Of course there are more features that I need to learn but I am taking it slowly. If the price difference is not too dramatic I would totally go for the upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want one, too. I'm waiting for the price to go down. Maybe with bonus $!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted a canon but in the end i had to start with olympus (i am not sure of the model), it does the work and it is helping me learn how to use SLR.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!