Monday, February 6, 2012

27 week Bump Update!

~ Entering the Third Trimester ~


How Far Along? 27 weeks 3 days
Size of Baby? About 14 1/2 inches and weighing about 2 lbs (Head of Cauliflower)
Maternity Clothes? I may have to invest in more... lol
Stretch Marks? Smooth sailing so far!
Sleep? This past weekend I woke up Sunday and couldn't roll over not to mention get out of bed.  My hip joint / pelvic area gave off the most excruciating pain.  I've been experiencing tolerable pain for months now, but this definitely took the cake.  Matt did some online research and a lot of women suggested walking. yoga, Omega-3 supplement... and just exercise in general.  The idea is too not put pressure on the area (aka sleeping in a bad hip) and exercise to keep the joint loose.  Awesome.  So Matt helped me get out of bed and take a walk around the neighborhood.  It helped so much.  I was able to walk around the rest of the day with a lot less pain.   And... I slept a lot better that next night! 
Food Cravings? Jello!  I made a 2-box sized bowl and it was gone in about 2 days.
What I Miss: Bending over without the wind being knocked out of me.
What I'm Looking Forward To:  Entering my 3rd trimester on my birthday this Friday! 
Symptoms? The pelvic pain mentioned earlier.  I know have the hugest appetite... but get full a lot faster.  I'm now experimenting with many small meals a day.
Movement?  Cricket is cracking me up!  I think we've graduated to cartwheels because there are times where I feel kicks and jabs all over my belly.  You can actually see my belly contort now... which I guess would be weird for others to see. lol
Belly Button In or Out? It's a legit button.  Go ahead... I dare you to press it. 
Labor Signs? Nope!
Best Moment of the Week? I got to witness Matt's version of nesting.  This week he's been working on the nursery non-stop and has even started organizing odd places like the refrigerator pictures. lol  It's so cute to see him so insistent on getting things done and in order. :)
Weekly Wisdom: "Don't let your husband watch you attempt a workout video for the first time while pregnant.  To him, it's shear comedy watching you flop around helplessly trying to keep up with the overly-enthusiastic instructor. (Who's most likely sporting a beach ball...not a legit baby bump)"

cartoon20

6 comments:

  1. The hip pain while sleeping was the worst! Luckily it goes right away once you deliver! :) You look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so push your "button" if I saw you lol. I'm not even pregnant but that Jello sounds soooo good! And my brother's birthday is Friday too! Yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you seriously look so good preggo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totaly agree. you are looking beautiful :).

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!