Tuesday, February 21, 2012

29 week Bump Update!

How Far Along? 29 weeks 3 days
Size of Baby? About 15 inches and weighing about 2 and 1/2 lbs (like a butternut squash)
Maternity Clothes? It's going to take an intervention to get me to stop wearing them lol.
Stretch Marks? nope...nadda... nothin'! 
Sleep? Well, I sleep.  Doesn't mean my body doesn't feel like I went a couple rounds in the boxing ring when I do wake up...every...2 hours... (the bladder is weak-sauce)
Food Cravings? Fruits and Veggies!  Finally loving salad again...whew!
What I Miss: Running errands without having to make a potty break at each store.
What I'm Looking Forward To:  Finally getting to my DIY baby projects this weekend!
Symptoms? Well it's not much of a symptom but I failed my first glucose test.  I have to retake it on Wednesday morning (tomorrow) which means I can't eat anything for 10 hours prior...and the test takes 3 hours!  If I don't pass, I'll be diagnosed with gestational diabetes. :(  So I need to pass!!!
Movement? I mean, I get it.  There's not really anything else to do but kickbox and swim around in there.  Cricket did find my bladder for the first time at church Sunday.  Thought I was going to pee my pants! 
Belly Button In or Out? Out and now stretching out... lol
Labor Signs? Nope!
Best Moment of the Week? While sitting in church Cricket kept moving around like crazy. Finally he or she settled down and for about a min I could see a small section of my belly moving in beat to Cricket's heartbeat!!  He or she must have been pressed up against my side just right.  It was so awesome!
Weekly Wisdom: "Random men will say the weirdest things to pregnant women..."  These were phrases actually said to me at work. 
- (Points to belly) "Wow you're getting fat!"
- "Whoa you're really starting to hang over the hips" <---WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?! 

lol... I give up trying to even understand anymore.  Luckily I'm not one of those girls who gets all weepy over weight gain. :)

3 comments:

  1. I hope that all goes well on Wednesday, it would suck to have to deal with Gestational Diabetes for the last weeks. I am just Wowed at the rude comments from your coworker. People are crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you pass the 2nd time around. Is there anything you can do to ensure you pass? You look beautiful! Your coworkers are insane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately nothing I can do... I could avoid sugar... but being last min it wouldn't really matter. It was the longest morning ever though. They stuck me 4 times!!! Glad it's over. I hope to hear the results in a couple days.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!