Friday, February 17, 2012

Bake-Off Entry

My work is having its annual bake-off competition next Tuesday and I need all the help I can get!  Last year I made Black Tie Mousse Cake...and didn't even place!!  It got a lot of compliments for its look...and it did taste good.  But it wasn't crowd serving friendly.
I need to be a lot more aggressive this year!!!
Here are some of the recipes I've finalized on so far.  Please vote on what sounds/looks the best for you.  Or... better yet, if you have a recipe I should add... please share!!

1) Orange Cream-Macadamia Torte 
I would attempt to make this in muffin tins so that I could serve it individually.
Orange Cream-Macadamia Torte

2) Mini Carrot-Spiced Cupcakes with Molasses Buttercream

Mini Carrot-Spiced Cupcakes with Molasses Buttercream

3) Peanut Butter Truffle Tart
Peanut Butter Truffle Tart

Let the voting begin!!

9 comments:

  1. CUPCAKES hands down - easy for serving, and the perfect size for NOM NOM NOMing

    ReplyDelete
  2. you didn't place?! how rude! hehe.

    and i agree, cupcakes are always a winner ... like a stuffed cupcake of some sort! yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't know this blog was about torturing us with pictures of delicious deserts. :) I would vote for the tart and the cupcakes would be my 2nd choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mini carrot cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I'm on Weight Watchers....that being said, go with the cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have to say the cup cakes as well coz it's "crowd serving friendly"!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. anything in a muffin tin. easy to walk around with at big functions :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!