Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bake-Off Results

I still  can't believe the results as I type this post...

Yeah, we won first place!  By "we" I mean Matt and I since he stayed up late with me to help bake the dessert!.  We ended up making the Peanut Butter Truffle Tart.  In the end I decided to go with the dessert that would be most appealing to the pallet rather than ease of serving.  I did however bake them in muffin tins.


I did I huge no-no and did not try the dessert before serving it.  To be honest, I'm not a huge peanut butter dessert fan. lol.  But as I heard people describe it as "rich" I started serving out smaller servings. lol
I was so surprised to hear that they were such a hit!  We actually tied with another dessert: Banana Pudding Delight...oh it was yummy!  When I get the recipe I'll post it!!

Here were some of the other desserts!!
{Oreo truffle balls}
{Oreo Cookie Supreme Mud Pie}
{Baklava}
{HUGE Chocolate Chip Cookies}
{Kahlua Trifle Cupcakes}
{Bacon Buds... yes...  Bacon}
{Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars}

So there you have it!! We won a Target gift card which comes in handy during nursery decorating. :)  Thanks for all your votes!!

5 comments:

  1. SO awesome!!!! Yay!!! I'm with you.... I'm not a fan of peanut butter desserts either! I wish I were!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That PB Truffle dessert looks amazing. I am a big fan of Peanut Butter Anything! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! You deserve that Target gift card :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!