Monday, March 26, 2012

34 week Bump Update!

 How Far Along? 34 weeks 2 days
Size of Baby? About 18 inches and weighing about 4 and 3/4 lbs (cantaloupe)
Maternity Clothes? I'm loving dresses a little too much! 
Stretch Marks? none in sight!...I may get through this unscathed! 
Sleep? If I fall asleep right away I'm not complaining.  At least the middle of the night leg cramps stopped.  The crazy dreams have come back though! 
Food Cravings? Summer foods like BBQ Potato chips... potato salad... huge fruit salad...popsicles...ice cream and jello! 
What I Miss: Going a day without aches and pains.
What I'm Looking Forward To:  Our babymoon to the Amish country this coming weekend!!  Much deserved after all the work we put into the nursery!  I just can't wait for our massages and some quality pool time. :)
Symptoms? The left ankle is swollen majority of the day, but thankfully not painful.  Definitely starting to feel more pressure and muscle  tightness under the belly.  Our lil one is getting heavy!! hehe.  Blood sugar has been in check for weeks... totally kicking gestational diabetes butt! 
Movement? Cricket's kicks and jabs are harder than ever... I'm so glad he or she is growing strong and active. :)
Belly Button In or Out? There's no point in discussing anymore... it's unrecognizable.
Labor Signs? Just the normal Braxton-Hicks contractions every now and again.
Best Moment of the Week? We had our second baby shower this past weekend thrown by Matt's side of the family.  It was seriously amazing..will post pics soon!  Cricket's closet has definitely enlarged!  
Weekly Wisdom: Taking time out of the day to just sit and talk with the hubby about what's on his mind... what he's excited/nervous about... helps build a strong bond.  He may not be carrying the baby, but he has his own set of  burdens to carry as well. :)

4 comments:

  1. Kathy, in just a few weeks you will have a bundle of joy in your hands. I can't comprehend this! And I love that you are doing that for Matt finding out what he is thinking. Best wifey award to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You have a lovely belly there. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, 34 weeks, the end is so close I am sure you can taste it. Have fun on your babymoon this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 34 weeks with no stretch marks? I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!