I used taping instructions from Young House Love. Matt had helped me last week to mark the corners with the proper measurements... so all I had to do was connect the lines with tape making sure I was either inside or outside the lines (Read their directions... they make a lot of sense!). I used blue scotch tape... though many will say they like the frog tape.
I made arrows to show me where to paint... to avoid any mistakes!!
Next, I took some tan paint we had used in the stairwell and diluted it down with some white. So yeah... I don't have a color number for this room. But I made sure to save the extra in case we need touch-ups down the road. I started painting behind the toilet first with a brush...and then edged everywhere whereby the roller wouldn't be able to fit. I came back around with the roller and finished it up.
The key now was to remove the tape right away... but carefully. I made a couple touch-ups to the edges...but otherwise it came out great.
As I said in my last post, I had a lot of the decor already so I started putting those elements in. The wooden shelf was too raw... so I sprayed it with some white spray paint and rubbed it in to give it a washed-up beach look. I still need to get my framed art done, the wreath...and the mirror. I'm hoping to tackle that tonight. Still on the hunt for the towel rack too!
Baby Update: Doc said between now and next Thursday!...