Monday, April 30, 2012

The Guest Commode is Complete!

...yes the beach themed oasis of a guest bathroom is complete! I got the mirror, wreath and new towels & bath mat done! It was a productive weekend for sure. Now when guests come to visit the baby I can relax and know the bathroom is looking awesome. :) I still would like to have a towel storage rack of some kind in there... But that can be an upgrade we add on once I find it...or Matt makes it. Hehe. So here are the final pics! You can find the details leading up the this reveal {here} and {here}.
Check out the rest of the details!!
The tutorial I used for the rope mirror can be found {here}.  I basically just glued on top of the existing builder grade.  I didn't feel like taking it down and dealing with all that noise. :)

I wrapped each corner with twine for a finished look.
Coconut scented soap and lotion reminds me of the beach!! Love... 
You may recognize the sign from a plaque we saw in a store during our babymoon!  I just did a simple printout and framed it.  All the shells were collected from the beach of family vacations. 
The burlap wreath tutorial can be found on Roeshel's blog {The DIY Showoff}.  Super easy to do... and I just LOVE how it turned out!  It matches the decor perfectly!
We decided the red towels and rug were just too out of place so we took a trip to Kohls and picked up these light blue towels and matching rug (super soft by the way!)... I just tied them with the leftover rope from the mirror... 
Overall we LOVE the new room.  I may add some accent art of the walls later on, but for now it's just what I envisioned.  Now we wait for guests...anyone interested??  :)


14 comments:

  1. Very nice! Good for you! I'll be right over. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such attention to detail. It looked good even without all the extra's but it's just even better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! It looks GREAT!! kudos girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! What a beautiful bathroom! I love all of the DIY details and of course, that wreath! Yours is gorgeous! Fantastic job on everything, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roeshel, coming from you... that means a lot! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. It looks great! I love the stripes;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stripes, and the rope-wrapped mirror against them! thanks for linking up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job - love the mirror design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great I think the sign is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, I love your bathroom! You have some mad decorating skills! Thanks for sharing at Unwasted Homemaking Linky party, please come back and link up again on Monday :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found you from Don't Waste Your Homemaking and I'm so glad I did! We just moved and I have been working on doing my half bath in a similar theme, to bring a bit of our many years in California to Indiana with us and this mirror idea is just AWESOME! I am definitely going to give that a try! Interestingly enough, I also have a shelf right next to the mirror/above the toilet with a wreath underneath (though mine is completely of shells)...plus that same Scentsy warmer! Haha!
    Anyway, thank you so much for posting this inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in awe of your DIY abilities (and congratulations by the way on your new arrival).
    Question: Did you find it difficult getting the energy to do these projects during your pregnancy?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you're not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!