Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Our Laundry Room Update!

I actually had to go through my archives to find the beginning of this project!  Can you believe we started working on this room March of 2011?!  That's over a year ago!!!  Definitely a long-term project because of the expense...but still...my dream has yet to come to full life.  It's crazy looking at this initial picture from when we first moved in.
Obviously this photo was taken before I actually moved in.  I mean, it just screams bachelor pad right?! :)  Needless to say, when it came down to upgrading... we did what we could at the time.
You may remember from this post last March that we did some cosmetic work.
{Sink Skirt, Drying Rack and a new rug!}
But the main install that I was dreaming for were the cabinets... I really wanted a wall of cabinets above the washer and dryer.  I did a couple posts deciding on what type of cabinets... the layout... etc and had finally made the decision to go Ikea!  Even after we purchased the cabinets they sat in our living room for about 2 months! (shameful... I know!)  But they're up now!!   Yes... take a look!!
After I assembled the cabinets Matt got started on hanging them.  Ikea's setup is super easy for installation.  We were both pleasantly surprised.  Still need to choose handles...and I have an itch to hang a bar over the sink underneath the horizontal cabinet.  But the storage alone is amazing!!   Totally looks like a whole new room.

Finishing Touches:
- Glass tile backsplash for around the sink. 
- Glass insert for door
- Decal and glass film for door

...then this project will be officially... done! 
Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Nicest laundry room ever. We were thinking about putting cabinets in ours. Ikea sounds like a good option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great cabinets... I love Ikea's options and how easy to assemble and install.

      Delete
  2. I love it!! Looks so good! Great job to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!