Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend was a rarity for us in that we really had no real agenda! ... yes... no plans whatsoever! :)
Friday night... Matt came home with flowers, chocolates (which he ate...) and he also made dinner!
We spent the night just lounging around watching movies. :)

Saturday morning we slept in!   We never sleep in!!  I guess we figured we should try to do so before the baby gets here and that's no longer an option. lol.   Matt went and got a haircut/run errands while I started a couple sewing projects.  I do sew... just not a lot because I have the worst patience.  I  may have verbally assaulted my sewing machine a few times... a couple bolts of thread may have been tossed across the room... but in the end I managed to finish a baby blanket and get the majority of a seat cushion done for the rocking chair.  Still needs zippers and tiebacks.


That night we decided to do a date night and go to Olive Garden (I splurged with no regard to my sugar levels lol).  They have these new drinks out that are to die for.  I got a Strawberry Mango Limonata.  I found the recipe online too!!

{Strawberry Mango Limonata}
Concentrated lemonade (Tropicana)
Strawberry puree(island oasis)
Mango puree (island oasis)
Finished with sprite. 

The mixture in a 16 oz cup is about a 1/2" strawberry mix, 1/2" mango mix, splash of lemonade concentrate finished with sprite. Mix well in a shaker and add some strawberries. 


After dinner we went to the movies and saw 21 Jump Street... hilarious!!  Oh my gosh I laughed way too hard and way to loud.  It was awesome. I later found out James Franco's brother was in it... didn't even know he had a brother!!  (They look exactly alike)
Sunday we went to church and had to rush home to get ready for my best friend's son's 5th birthday party!  It was a pool party at the rec center...and oh-so-much-fun!  When we got home I passed out from all the food/sugar I ate and just chilled for the rest of the night.  It was so nice to be able to relax all weekend...it was much needed!
Hope all your weekends went well!

3 comments:

  1. I loved 21 jump street too! So funny. I'm a huge Olive Garden fan as well. I went there for my Birthday and discovered an awesome wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend. YAY for splurging, you are so close to the end Baby C won't even know the difference. Looking forward to your 37 week bumpdate ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!