Tuesday, May 1, 2012

39 week Bump Update

...this may be my last bump update before B-day!! 


How Far Along? 39 weeks 3 days
Size of Baby? About 20 inches and weighing about 7 lbs (mini watermelon)
Maternity Clothes? Getting snug!!
Stretch Marks?  I think it's safe to say I didn't get any. :)
Sleep?. What's that? 
Food Cravings? Lemonade...Regular, Pink, Strawberry, Raspberry... it really doesn't matter.
What I Miss: Sitting up!  I literally have to recline when I sit because Cricket needs the space.  I literally get rhythmic kicks until I do.  I guess I should be impressed that they are rhythmic though. :)
What I'm Looking Forward To: I have a doc appointment on Thursday whereby if I haven't started labor naturally we'll discuss/schedule induction.  So I guess I'm mostly looking forward to meeting my baby this week... that sounds so weird!!! ah!!!
Symptoms?  My emotions are ridiculous.  I'm nervous about a lot of things...taking in the unexpected during labor... handling that first week of being a parent with Matt...recovery.  I've been taking it all one day at a time though. 
Movement? It's more of stretches than actual movement.  I think with the lack of room our lil one is just trying to get comfortable.  
Belly Button In or Out? My sister thinks it's the most fascinating thing ever since it sticks out so much. lol.. rude.
Labor Signs? Braxton-Hicks contractions... yay!
Best Moment of the Week? Matt has been amazing.  I seriously could not ask for a better husband.  He's stepped up helping me get around or just doing stuff around the house.  He calls to check up on me and baby every hour and at night he lays there and talks to the baby about how excited he is to meet.  Melts my heart... he's going to be such a great dad. 
Weekly Wisdom: At this point...I'm at the point of pregnancy known as the "ticking time bomb".  We don't know when I'll pop! My phone starts to blow up at 6:30am with phone calls, texts, e-mails and fb alerts from people wondering on baby status.  I'll be glad when Cricket makes his or her debut and I can just let my phone battery die without guilt. lol


...getting a pedicure tonight after work... so excited!! 

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I have enjoyed reading about your pregnancy. I can't wait to see little one and see if I am right about the baby being a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! it is an exciting moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those days! I was two weeks late with Jordan. My mom drove all the way over to my house one night because I didn't answer the phone...I was taking a shower. LOL! Praying for a safe and speedy labor and delivery for you and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh I can't believe it! Well I pray that you have a safe delivery and that all goes well. So excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am so SOOOOO excited for you and hubby. i can't wait to share my experience on cloth diapers, if you ae still going to use them please email me and i can give you a quick update on my experience, but i should publish something as soon as I get back to Canada :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, checking in to see if there's news - I'm hoping the quiet over here means YES!! Can't wait to hear. Sending you well wishes and keeping you in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been stalking your blog every hour hoping to see an update. Hope everyone is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have/have had a safe and healthy delivery! You look great in your bump picture. Enjoy your baby's arrival and early days! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!