Thursday, July 26, 2012

What I'm up to!

Summer is crazy busy.
....But I'm loving every scorching day of it!  Even though I'm back to work...and school...we're still trying to keep our weekends chuck full of activities. Of course Avery changes things a bit, but we still make it a point to try and expose him to as many things as possible.  He's like a lil sponge...taking everything in. :)
This weekend will be at a friend's cabin tubing and jet skiing, should be a great time.  I've taken Avery in a pool a couple times now, but not a lake.  I don't think I'll risk that exposure quite yet.  But he can chill on the dock...or maybe I'll pick up a lil blow up pool in case it's too warm... hm...

Anywho, I wanted to talk projects around the house!  So what am I up to?
I have this old entry way table we got from my sister-in-law.  My nephew had broken the glass panes and really all it needs is a new paint job and new glass.  Overall a $30 rehab job.
The best part about this project is that I've already started it.  Actually I finished it, but the top has some application issues where the paint reacted with itself and wants to peel off.  So I need to sand the top back down and reapply the primer and paint.  
The glass purchase was another fun story...I'll share later. Basically...exact measurements are key people!!!

Many of you will remember this DIY project for Avery's room.  He's still not old enough to fully appreciate it, so I haven't felt rushed to get it completed.  But I'll have you know it's almost done.  Just need to touch up the bottom, get the doors put back on and  spray the chalkboard paint on top.  Definitely a few more hours worth of work.  Just waiting on a free Saturday!

So what's going on with all of you?  Weekend plans??

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like it'll be a nice table once its completed. Are you going to use one big pane or 4-separate ones for each opening?

    Have a fun weekend! Mine will be spent trying to relax and packing in preparation for a vacation to FL next week. Its a long awaited mini-vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went with four small panes. :)
      Have a blast in Florida!! That should be a lot of fun! Hope you blog about it too!

      Delete
  2. You know I have always wanted one of these....and I have the perfect place for it. Yours will turn out beautiful I am sure. Have fun DIYing and a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!