Monday, August 13, 2012

Marriage and Motherhood Mondays

...let's talk about Avery's monthly photos.

Before lil peanut was born I wanted to find a super cute way of documenting his growth through a whole year.  I had seen on Pinterest different ways, but my favorite was on a piece of furniture like a chair or couch.  We decided to use the rocking chair in his nursery.  We take two sets of photos.  One of the proportion to the chair and a close up shot using Instagram.
{Oh, those chunky legs!}

Now as for documenting the month, at first we were going to do a sign, but we were pleasantly surprised and grateful to receive the gift of dated onesies from my friend fellow blogger Danielle. She hand made the patches using her embroidery machine. They are seriously the cutest things ever!  And she made them up until 12 months!  So creative!

 

The plan is to take them all and make some sort of growth picture poster to display at his 1st birthday party.  Otherwise, I've been printing the photos and putting them in his baby book alongside a blurb where I talk about all his milestones and things he did.




Time seriously flies... but looking back at these photos just helps to slow it down a little.  I still can't believe how much he changes. :)  I just hope I use this much effort with our next baby! haha...that could get awkward.

Thanks Danielle!!

9 comments:

  1. i have a feeling that you will for sure use the same amount of effort. you are just that type of person!

    Danielle is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a creative lady...you may need an etsy shop! That's super cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing to see how much he has changed from his one month photo, where he's staring at nothing, to seeing him establish eye contact. He's absolutely delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, I see I have a lot of blog reading to catch up on over here - you have been very busy!!!!
    Oh my goodness, how delicious is this baby boy of yours? He is so beautiful - and clearly you are enjoying every day with him! Congratulations to you and your hubby - I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with Faith, I think you will have no problem keeping it up with the next baby. You just seem to have that energy and desire. These are a great idea I didn't do the monthly onesie with my first but I am thinking of doing them with the second, we'll see. I always look forward to these Monday posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are welcome!! I look forward to you sending me the pictures every month of Avery, I love those chunky little legs!! He is truly adorable! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I love the idea for documenting his growth. I'll definitely be purchasing stickers to do the same.

    He's such a cutie! I am sure you'll do just as much for your next one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So young but he's changing so much already! That's a really cute idea. Isn't Pinterest the best???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those onsies are adorable! But not as adorable as your cutie pie baby! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!