Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Product Review - Wean Green

So excited to be reviewing this product!  I was on the hunt for days looking for small, durable and attractive glass jars to store Avery's homemade baby food.  I was going to buy baby food jars on ebay, but I didn't like the fact that they were previously used food jars.  I don't understand the reuse-ability of the lids, since they have the potential to grow mold once the seal is broken.

So I stumbled onto the site Wean Green.  They sell tempered glass food containers...that are so freaking cute!!

The best part is the glass they use.  It's 5X stronger than regular glass.  They're also impermeable, non porous and eliminate chemical migration and stains.

I'll be making Avery's food and freezing them in an ice cube tray, so I needed a jar that was small, but held an ice cube sized food dollop comfortably.  The customer service at Wean Green was amazing!  I talked to a representative who suggested the Wean Cube size (4 oz).  I went ahead and ordered two sets of the Garden Pack. 
 They arrived within a week...and I squealed (<--True story, Matt thought I hurt myself) when I saw the box on my front porch.  I quickly took them inside and opened them up with Matt.  On initial looks alone, he was impressed and the colorful lids got me excited about coordinating the food groups.  I'd read another review complaining that the lids were difficult to remove, but I did not find that to be the case.  There is a bit of suction, but that's because it's a very good seal. (using silicone)

Avery isn't eating solid food yet, so I don't have any food on hand to test, but I did throw in 3 ice cubes to see how they fit. 
Appearance:
The glass is thick (100% recyclable and sustainable), but the jar itself isn't as heavy as I thought it would be (good thing).  The lids are plastic ( BPA, PVC, Phthalates, and Plasticizer free) with a silicone seal.  Smart clips lock and keep food safely inside.  

Storage:
These cubes do not stack inside each other, but you can put the lids on them and stack them that way. 

Versatility: 
The glass is microwave safe (not the lids!).  Both are dishwasher and freezer safe though.

Overall...and my opinion: 
These glass jars are more than welcome in my home and diaper bag.  I wanted an environment-friendly product that used as little plastic as possible.  These wean cubes have the durability I was looking for as well as the size.  But the best part is how darn cute they are!  I can't wait to start using them! 
As a company, Wean Green has impressed me.  The customer service and informative website and blog built my confidence in their product. 

I was offered 50% off my Wean Green order.  No compensation was received, and the opinions expressed in the review are completely my own.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I have some similar glass storage containers that I love but I like the pretty bright colors on your lids much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fabulous! I have some glass containers that I love. I could use some more though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!