Wednesday, October 31, 2012

{Not Even Close} Wordless Wednesday

...Happy Halloween! 

Our little monkey this morning!
 Matt and I dressed up this past weekend for our party as  Tia Dalma and Captain Barbossa from Pirates of the Caribbean.  Wish we would have taken a picture of Matt with his beard... he looked really great!



Matt's costume is mainly all from the thrift store. (Two Jackets, and pants).  I sewed on the gold buttons. 
Hat was actually a witch hat.  I cut off the point and sewed it closed.  Then bent one end and added a large feather. ($13 DIY vs. $40 pirate hat). 
The belt and shirt were from our closet.
And the sword and boot tops were the only accessories we purchased at the halloween store.
I made my dress using two thrift store gowns and sewing them together ($18).  
I then accented with fishing net and shell necklaces I picked up from hobby lobby ($8).  
Wig is from the halloween store ($15)... with scraps of fabric and fish net tied in.

Close up of the makeup... 

Some of the centerpieces I made

Veggie Platter Skull 
Fake skull draped with thinly sliced pieces of ham.  The eyes are baby onions with slice olives in the center.

Homemade Guacamole Dip!

...be safe!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, your costumes were awesome! And your little monkey...... cute as always! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your costumes. You r very creative n crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! You are incredible! I can't believe you made your costumes! So creative and crafty! I am sure you both would have won best costumes if you went out!

    And the skull ... woah! Scary!

    And Avery! Seriously, too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really are very creative! Good job! Love the pumpkin with guacamole. Very cool.
    Avery is so cute in his costume!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your costumes are fab! And that skull looks so scary. I need to pin it for future Halloween party ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your costume is on point with your character. Love the details. You even messed up your teeth to match the original.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love all the costumes. I can handle the pumpkin puke but I find the skull very disturbing. LOL. I seriously cannot look at it anymore. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!