Thursday, October 25, 2012

Yummy Fish Tacos!

Those of you who know me well are probably surprised to read that title since I'm not a "seafood" person.  Well my friends, times have changed... I like "some" seafood.  And by some I mean: tilapia, salmon and heavily breaded coconut shrimp.  Baby steps people...

The funny thing is I can watch a Red Lobseter commercial and my mouth will literally water (yes, I'll admit there were times I full out drooled on myself.  Though, I was probably pregnant at the time and my body did a lot of things beyond my control!).  I started trying a little off of Matt's plate and now I'm starting to really love it.

Well I was planning on making some pan fried tilapia for dinner and decided to take it a step farther to fish tacos.  Actually, it was Faith's blog post that made me salivate at my desk gave me the idea... so here's what I did!!




Pan-fried Tilapia


Ingredients
4 - tilapia fillets
1/3 Cup Lime juice
1 Cup flour
1/2 Breadcrumbs
2 tsp Black Pepper
2 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
Vegetable Oil

Fill the bottom of a skillet with Vegetable oil.  Just enough to coat the entire bottom.   Turn it on high. While the oil gets hot, put the fillets in a shallow dish with lime juice.  Turning it to make sure juice gets on both sides.  In a separate bowl mix together the rest of the dry ingredients.  Take one fillet at a time and dip it into the flour mixture then into the pan carefully.  Cook until golden brown, flip. Lay on a paper toweled plate.  Serve hot.

Taco Ingredients
Small soft tortillas
Guacamole (I make mine from scratch)
Shredded Cheddar Cheese (I used Pepper Jack for some spice!)
Sour Cream
Lettuce
Tomato

Assemble using the pan-fried tilapia.


Homemade Guacamole


Ingredients
2 Haas Avocados
1 cup salsa (or chopped tomatoes and onions)
1/4 cup cilantro (sometimes I add more)
1 1/2 Tbs Lime Juice
Salt & Pepper to taste

Peel and de-seed avocado.  Add the rest of the ingredients and mash with fork until well mixed.

Served with Sweet Potato Fries!

5 comments:

  1. Looks good....BUT I still haven't 'crossed over' into seafood territory. My husband wishes I would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel ya. When you do start..tilapia is a VERY mild fish...and a great one to start with. Seriously...it's close to chicken. :)

      Delete
  2. Hmmmm I'll have to keep this idea in mind. I'm in that "cooking the same things over and over again" rut. It's time for something new!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!