Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Cards

Wow.  I can't believe we're only a few weeks away from lil A's first Christmas.  It's amazing how fast time flies!  Well I'm happy to say that I feel ahead of the ball having ordered our Christmas cards already. :)
Hopefully I get them all sent out next week.
I decided to just use the family picture we took for Thanksgiving.  One, because it actually turned out nice and secondly, I wanted a more casual look this year... bright and fun!

Each year I try to make sure I'm just a step ahead of the game organizationally for next year.  At the same time, I want to try and do more keepsakes for the kiddos to look back on when they're older.  One of the aspects of Christmas that I want to try and hold onto are the Christmas cards we get from others.  It seems like everyone is doing more "photo" cards... and the thought of throwing them away is just wrong!!



I did some research and found this very clever way of preserving Christmas cards!  I think I'm going to give it a try!  It would make a great coffee table book too! {Source}


What do you do with your cards?  Have you considered saving them?

7 comments:

  1. i love it! so beautiful. you are seriously amazing. i want to be like you when i grow up ;)

    i keep every single card i get. they are tons of shoe boxes though. i am going to try this idea i saw on a blog a few days ago. when the cards are hung on a door with Christmas ribbon. it looked really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that card! My daughter's name is Holli so our Christmas greeting is "Have a Holli Jolly Christmas"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I typically just save the cards for a few weeks and then get rid of them. But perhaps I'll do something different this year. Definitely love your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh I love the idea of that card book. I keep every single card in a box in the basement. I also display them in the house for at least 4 months before I take them down.

    I really like your Xmas card by the way. fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card!! Thanks for sharing the preservation idea...ummm I mostly...sadly....ok I will just come out and say it....I usually toss them after awhile. I know I know...shame on me :-) I will definately be trying this out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the colors of the words on your Christmas card match the colors of your shirts. Very festive and fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!