Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Recap!

So Christmas came and went in a blur of excitement.  I spent all of Christmas Eve flying back home from Kenya to make it in time to celebrate lil A's first Christmas!  The 32-hour journey was totally worth it! :)
I'll recap the trip and my cousin's wedding soon.  Just waiting on some pics from family.  (Being in the wedding made it hard to get pictures! haha)
So Christmas morning... my jet-lagged self was up early!!  I went in and got lil A... who proceeded to crawl in bed with us...and cuddle to sleep with his dad.
 So I went downstairs and started on breakfast...and our traditional cups of hot cocoa. :)  The boys were down soon after.  We had breakfast while listening to Christmas music then we went and opened gifts. Lil A was amazed at all the pretty paper and bows... he mostly wanted to play with that... but he indulged us with unwrapping a lot of his gifts.


Modeling his new shoes from his Uncle Paul and Auntie Ruth!

The rest of the day was spent just relaxing around the house together.  We played... napped...and ate Christmas cookies. :)  Because of my flight coming in so late we didn't plan the trip down to Matt's family's house....and since my family is still in Africa, we ended up with a quiet day to ourselves. Our next door neighbors invited us over for dinner so we went over there and had some amazing food!  All in all... it was a perfect 1st family Christmas!

Oh... and how could I forget the most amazing gift Matt got me?!  I literally cried when I opened it.  I've been playing around with it every chance I get.  Soooo excited!!
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as well!

17 comments:

  1. awww, perfect first Christmas :)

    i cried too, i was so happy.

    but trying to figure it out is so hard. there is all this language in the manual that i'm like wait, what?!

    glad you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean?! I wish the manual was just pictures and arrows... ugh... the terminology!

      Delete
    2. We have the same camera! Though I still don't know how to properly use it :( Hopefully you are a much quicker learner than me and can post camera tips on your blog for Faith and I to learn from!

      Delete
    3. Ditto on that camera! I have it too and even though I don't know too much about it the pics still come out okay. I am learning by using and I'll go back to the manual at some point!

      Delete
    4. haha, seriously pictures and arrows would be perfect!

      Delete
    5. Yes, tutorial on how to use it please. I still use mine on Auto because I am too lazy to read the book.

      Delete
  2. Your little boy is so cute! Sounds like such a relaxing Christmas (minus the jet-lag tiredness I'm sure). Nice camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amang Christmas!!! Happy you made it in time! Great presents!!! He is soooooooo adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great Christmas. Glad you made that long trip to get back in time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you made it back home safe Kathy....it was really awesome meeting you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome meeting you as well! Bummed we could t get a picture together though!! :(

      Delete
  6. Welcome back Kathy, so cool that you were able to go to your cousin's wedding. Kuddos to Matt for keeping A so that you could do that.

    I love that you had a sweet family celebration with just your boys. Welcome to the club of DSLR, that is definitely the gift that keeps on giving :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. my, my the first picture is priceless. so pure, good you captured it. glad you made it home to celebrate A's first christmas together. like you we spend the christmas quiet, just the three of us.

    love that camera, can't wait to see the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back and happy new year! P.S. Your baby is just the most adorable baby boy ever! His smile is heartwarming. :-D And that photo of his sleeping next to daddy? Heartwarming --> *heart melting*

    P.S. Just one more semester to go for your MBA right? Just finished my first (part-time). Enjoying the coursework so far!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!